Manager, International Tax
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewManage the companys international transactional tax,
income tax, international auditing, and international tax
accounting functions and ensure compliance with applicable
international tax and finance laws and regulations in the companys
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all international
passenger taxes. Ensure accurate and timely updates of passenger
tax amounts and rules within ERP systems.
- Coordinate with treasury function to ensure eective cash
management with international financial institutions.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of
international income tax and other tax returns (i.e., municipal,
property tax, etc.), as well as related financial accounting books
and records in accordance with statutory generally accepted
accounting methods, principles, and regulations in international
- Prepare Corporate OPEX Allocation and ensure proper accounting
at each international location.
- Supervise the independent statutory and fiscal audits required
in the international locations.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all international VAT
taxes. Ensure accurate and timely updates of passenger tax amounts
and rules within ERP systems.
- Responsible for international tax-related SOX 404
documentation, assistance in design and eciency of controls in
place. Prepare all international tax-related account balance
- Perform financial reconciliations for passenger taxes against
information contained and received from multiple tax jurisdictions
and financial systems.
- Manage relationships with international accounting firms
engaged to provide statutory accounting and tax services for
international locations. Monitor costs and appropriately budget
international professional fees.Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both
English and Spanish.
- Able to eectively and timely communicate issues. Maintaining
open and timely communications with appropriate management
personnel to ensure proper treatment of transactions and issues as
- Requires a specific understanding of international passenger
and VAT principles.
- Strong understanding of internal controls over financial
reporting and risk management.
- Highly ecient in using excel spreadsheets and understanding
financial modeling tools and methodology (OPEX).Required:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, tax or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working within a multi-national
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish (spoken and written
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with internal controls
and SOX compliance Preferred:--
- Solid understanding of International/Statutory airline
accounting and passenger tax regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience working for the airline or
related industry (i.e., cruise line)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with SAP*Please be
advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to
be considered for this position.-- This assessment will be emailed
to you after you apply.-- Please be sure to check your Spam folder
and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.--We offer a competitive
salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including
medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off,
travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a
professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and
career development for our team members.EEOC StatementSpirit
Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are
committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws
providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable
employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a
workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin,
disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Miami , Manager, International Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Miramar, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!