Senior Property Accountant
Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job #: 44976 Title: Senior Property Accountant Job Location: Miami,
Florida - United States Remote Job: Unknown Employment Type:
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly Other
Compensation: 20% target bonus Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? This
position can offer a hybrid work schedule of office and work from
home. Our client is a decades old real-estate investment and
development company with a track record of developing people, not
just properties. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our Senior Property Accountants become experts in every financial
and accounting component of their portfolio of properties including
addressing the many financial requirements needed to buy and sell
real estate. The Senior Property Accountant supports the Financial
Reporting Manager and helps to support the accounting team. There
are no direct supervisory duties in this role. However, the Senior
Property Accountant will gain significant exposure to the
investment in, and operation of, commercial retail real estate
assets, while high-potential employees may ascend from the property
accounting program to leadership roles within the organization.
This position is ideally suited for a well-organized individual who
can work independently and has attention to detail. The company is
in an acquisition mode and rapidly growing so the individual must
be able to cope and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Maintain the general ledger for multiple properties.
- Complete the monthly close process including preparation of
- Prepare monthly property financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly external financial reports.
- Review documentation and coding of payable invoices, check
requests, and capital expenditures.
- Prepare and file Sales tax returns if required.
- Monitor cash balances and prepare weekly and monthly bank
- Assist Property Managers in preparing the annual budget.
- Work with Property Managers to explain Budget vs. Actual
- Monitor monthly mortgage payments.
- Prepare and review debt compliance reports including Debt
Service Coverage Ratio.
- Cash Need reporting.
- Accruals including EOM (end of month), quarterly overage, and
- Prepare lender funding requests.
- New Property Acquisitions setup and Purchase Sale Agreement
- Review monthly workbooks as needed.
- Update accounting procedures.
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- Special projects including staff training and work review as
assigned. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in Real Estate/Property
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and computer
- ERP experience, Yardi preferred.
- Highly organized, concise, detailed, flexible and
- Good listening skills and be service oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a whatever it takes attitude. Education:
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Miami , Senior Property Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!