Posted on: May 16, 2022
Banesco USA is seeking a Staff Accountant for our Accounting
Department. Primary Job Duties
- Reconcile the Assets/Liabilities suspense accounts, ATM,
Garnishment and follow up with the departments on any outstanding
item & prepares daily portfolio of reconciliations to upload into
Synergy in a monthly basis.
- Reconcile ARP reports (Outstanding Cashier Checks) daily and
prepare portfolio and upload them into Synergy in a monthly
- Reconciles LN, DD & CD applications vs. the GL reconciliation
daily and monthly files the reconciliation with the authorized
- Responsible for gathering Teller reconciliations from all
Branches and reconciled monthly.
- Responsible for reconciling and follow-up of Charge-Off, Cash
Over & Short, and Miscellaneous accounts monthly.
- Responsible for reporting activities and obtaining approval of
the GL File maintenance report (GL3854P) on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for updating the Bank's Fixed Assets and Prepaids
in Banktel weekly.
- Banks Fixed Assets needs to be processed at end of the month
and reconcile against the Final end of month general ledger.
- Banks Prepaid needs to be processed at end of the month and
reconcile against Final end of month general ledger.
- Prepares the Bank's Inventory.
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor in the updating of the
Policies & procedures of the department.
- Cross-trained with other positions in the department to provide
coverage as needed.
- Responsible for completing annual training program
- Performs other functions and/or duties as assigned. Job
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field or related
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in accounting,
preferably in banking.
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to,
proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish. Ability to fluently
speak, understand, read, and write both languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to
communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organization,
time-management, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong customer service skills, ensuring satisfaction of
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of related State and Federal banking
compliance regulations and operational policies.
- Ability to understand and comprehend instructions, procedures
and policies ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and
- Problem solving and analytical skills to identify
- This is not a remote position. Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work model: work remote for two days and three days at
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits About Us Banesco USA
is part of Banesco International, a worldwide group of financial
institutions with presence in 16 countries.
As a corporation in continuous evolution, we promote the ongoing
professional and personal development of our employees, by
embracing challenges and adapting to the changing environment of
today's world. We aim to develop integral human beings, committed
to making a difference at the workplace and out in the world.
Our actions are rooted in our Values: Reliability, Responsibility,
Quality and Innovation. We believe that we all have the same
ability to transform our daily tasks into significant
contributions, and therefore, Leave Our Mark.
At Banesco USA, one of our most valued assets is our enthusiastic
team, which strives every day to create a world-class organization
in an ever-changing world. Together, our team has made us a market
leader and we invite you to join us.
Keywords: BanescoUSA, Miami , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!