Lead Financial Analyst
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Financial
Overview of Position
The Lead Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing the
Europe, APAC x Japan and Japan Plan/Re-forecast cycle, Outlook and
Quarter Close variance analysis. This role will support the Europe,
APAC x Japan and Japan regional team, US based International
Finance team and US based Lifestyle FP&A function.
What will be my responsibilities for this position?
- Co-ordinate and analyze the Europe, APAC x Japan and Japan
- Ensure client and expense forecasts are robust and variances
- Review LOB and FTE for Europe, APAC x Japan and Japan.
- Business Partner with in-country FP&A teams.
- Produce value adding in-depth analysis for Lifestyle FP&A
stakeholders and CFO's.
- Gather insight by liaising with US based leaders including
Actuary, IT and Corporate functions.
- Assist with the quarter close Europe, APAC x Japan and Japan
storyline including Revenue/Pretax/EBITDA variance analysis for
YoY, QoQ, YTD and vs Plan analysis.
- Identify and develop KPI's and variance drivers for Europe,
APAC x Japan and Japan regions including subscriber counts.
- Understand the key R&O's and emerging business issues in
Europe, APAC x Japan and Japan.
- Support ad hoc requests for Earnings Call.
- Maintain the approved Global Roles Persons list and work with
inter-company billing team.
- Assist with TWG integration activities related to Europe, APAC
x Japan and Japan.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in financial analytics and
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of
finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
and projections using an advanced level of Excel.
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related
to insurance or financial services industry.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal
- A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Proficient in understanding foreign exchange changes and impact
on the financial statement lines.
- Insurance experience.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and resolving financial,
accounting and data quality discrepancies.
- Ability to utilize dynamic spreadsheet / database design in
providing comprehensive decision support to executive
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this
Keywords: Assurant, Miami , Lead Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!