Senior Accountant - Operations and Special Projects
Company: Four Pillars Talent
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Role: Accounting Operations & Special Projects Senior Analyst -
Banking / Financial ServicesWe are assisting our client with an
exciting opportunity within the Accounting Operations team. We are
looking for someone with strong understanding of accounting and
financial systems implementation and conversions experience.
M&A experience would be a plus. This role will work on a wide
variety of special projects supporting executive leadership. The
duties below only scratch the surface of all the things you'll be
involved in. It's a very unique role and you'll definitely learn
and grow a lot as a result and the company is phenomenal. Excellent
culture and very sharp minds to collaborate with.Location -
Southeast FloridaWhat's in it for you?
- Competitive pay - Client does the right thing on
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance,
- Generous vacation (4 weeks) and 12 paid Holidays
- 401K match
- Fasttrack your career advancement
- Culture is Entrepreneurial and Team focused
- Tons of ad hoc projects so you'll work on something new all the
time and never be bored
- Work closely with executive leadership on implementing
strategic initiativesRole Snapshot:
- Lead department initiatives through various operational
projects and processes to support fast paced growth.
- Support the Accounting Operations team with the planning and
implementation of merger and acquisition project plan, including
but not limited to;
- Facilitate meetings with internal and external acquisition
- Lead review of key accounting considerations, document process
gaps, and implement plans to ensure appropriate handling at legal
- Compile detailed general ledger conversion mapping files
- Coordinate and provide oversight of other general accounting
processes to ensure transparency that facilitates a smooth
transition. This would include review of acquiree reconciliations,
prepaid asset portfolio, and monitoring GL activity leading into
- Coordinate, review, and document fair valuation processes in
accordance with purchase accounting guidance
- Compile audit documentation supporting adherence to internal
controls around business combinations.
- Lead and implement project plans related to Accounting Systems
and Software conversions. Responsible for coordinating with
internal and external partners in developing and achieving project
milestones in accordance with prescribed timeframes
- Responsible for annual impairment testing of intangible asset
portfolio in excess of $300 million
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting Operations to
assess current processes and identify opportunities for improvement
and/or automation. Assist with implementing necessary changes and
developing written procedures.What we're looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Masters of Accounting (MAcc), Masters of Business
Administration (MBA), CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting operations, financial
systems ERP implementation, mergers and acquisitions (M&A),
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance within Banking or financial
institution industry preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP) / financial reporting.
- Previous public accounting audit, assurance, risk or
transactional advisory experience in banking
- Previous experience functioning as a project manager leading
key strategic initiatives and managing timelines and
deliverablesExploratory conversations are currently being
conducted, for immediate consideration or interest, please let us
know.Though we'd love to see your resume, we don't need to in order
to have a conversation. Send me an email to shane (at)
fourpillarstalent.com and let me know what is appealing to you
about this role, and why you feel you're qualified by highlighting
industry and functional expertise.All applicants applying for U.S.
job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. This
position is not eligible for sponsorship. - 2022 Four Pillars
Talent. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Keywords: Four Pillars Talent, Miami , Senior Accountant - Operations and Special Projects, Accounting, Auditing , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!