Company: Carnival Corporation & plc
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a Senior Accountant,
Financial Reporting and Accounting!The FRA Senior Accountant
executes all aspects of the monthly general ledger close process,
including ensuring completeness of transactions, performing
analytical review of results and researching variances. This
individual directly assists the FRA Manager in the preparation of
monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deliverables and leads
special projects. Responsible with developing subject matter
expertise in areas assigned and is also tasked with assisting
management in developing the FRA staff accountants. Essential
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of monthly close adjustments
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and follow up to clear
- Perform analytical review of financial results and understand
factors driving variances.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for senior management.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through
automation and/or efficiency initiatives.
- Prepare quarter and year end deliverables to be submitted to
- Lead and manage special projects and requests from management
and operations. Manage projects from beginning to end including
coordinating resources, managing timeline, and reporting on
progress to management.
- Prepare and make presentations to management and peers on
various accounting topics as required.
- Supervise staff accountants and other senior accountants as
required to complete assigned projects. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification or working towards same.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in public or private
accounting. Experience with full-cycle accounting, month-end
closing process and variance analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with advanced-level skills in
Excel. Knowledge of or ability to learn Oracle Financials or other
related financial software.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP and the ability
to apply the concepts to specific situations. Strong analytical and
auditing skills with the ability to research and reconcile
difficult accounts. Ability to work collaboratively with all levels
to maximize results. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to use creative approaches to challenges. Committed to
identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
Solutions-oriented problem solving skills. Ability to operate
independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish
objectives. Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing
assignments. Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change
in a dynamic environment. Ability to prioritize workloads and meet
tight deadlines. Uncompromising personal integrity, as well as a
high level of respect for all individuals. About Us In addition to
other duties/functions, this position requires full commitment and
support for promoting ethical and compliant culture. More
specifically, this position requires integrity, honesty, and
respectful treatment of others, as well as a willingness to speak
up when they see misconduct or have concerns. Carnival Cruise Line
is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a
fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and
memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our
employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions.
We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have
a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live
and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an
environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness
and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal,
which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we
are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships
as well as in our global corporate headquarters! Carnival
Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment
opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does
not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of
sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any
other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal,
and/or international law. Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental
and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance
and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program
located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral
campus To view a copy of Carnival's FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters
please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)
Keywords: Carnival Corporation & plc, Miami , Accountant, Senior, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!