Company: Gvw Group, Llc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Do you want to be our Financial Controller?Can you be
comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking
your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many
distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?We invest in and
grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the
customers' needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing,
we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use
them.It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this
business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our
team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about
creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies
and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the
team until the job is done-and ready to do it again the next day,
with a smile.It is not easy do things differently. But we do
it-because we are passionate about improving our business and the
lives of the people who use our tools.What will you do?Our
Financial Controller will contribute to the sustainable success of
our organization by ensuring that our business is operating
effectively and efficiently by managing the accounting and finance
function, monitoring controls, providing and interpreting financial
reports and data, and ensuring no surprises.Responsibilities:
- Assure no surprises
- Maintain good corporate relations with customers, vendors,
banking institutions, auditors, owner companies and other
- Protect company assets by ensuring proper procedures are
followed for cash disbursements and receipts, government reporting
and tax items.
- Develop and implement business processes and accounting
policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Build strong, cohesive and effective financial teams across
companies and lead the accounting department staff and oversee all
accounting and finance functions, ensuring quality control
- Confer with Chairman and senior leadership regarding budgeting
and reviewing strategies to meet overall business goals and
- Coordinate and prepare the budget, financial statements and
forecasts and report variances, analyze financial data
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed assets to the to the general
ledger of the company
- Prepare multiple state agency reports for tax purposes, comply
with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and
- Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors and assist in
preparation of audit schedules, data, and information; work closely
with accounting staff to coordinate efforts to provide necessary
information to auditors, ensuring required information is readily
available and maintaining the scope of the audit within prescribed
- Ensure that 401K contributions are made readily and timely
- Negotiate benefits offerings, insurance and workers
compensationWhat does it take to be part of our team?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 7+ years of GAAP based professional accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Past professional accounting experience in distribution setting
- Excellent Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in
Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Excellent skills in using advanced financial reporting and
- Excellent communication skills.What else does it take to be a
part of our team?
- CHARACTER: We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty,
humility, and people who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE: You are a doer, you are self-made and you have led
- RESULTS DRIVEN: You are a "finisher", get things done, and like
- ENTERPRISING: You think outside the box, can work in agile,
unstructured environments and do not reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE: You have a global view resulting from work
with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency
is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE: Collaboration is the fuel of our
business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers.
You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday
tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business
activities.Where will you work? TheFinancial Controller will be
based in Miami, FL.What do we offer in benefits?We offer an
attractive compensation and benefits package, to include fixed base
salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision options,
retirement/401K plans, etc.www.gvwgroup.com
Keywords: Gvw Group, Llc, Miami , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!