Company: Best Buddies International
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates
opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment,
leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with
intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies is the world's largest organization dedicated to
ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200
million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
(IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with
IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers,
secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public
speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued
Job Title: Manager, Compliance
Department: Human Resources and Operation
Reports to:Director, Training and Development
# of direct reports: N/A
SalaryRange:$60,000 - $65,000
Position Overview:The compliance manager is part of the human
resources and operations team and works with finance, government
relations, and state operations on pre-award government funding
applications and post-award contracts for all Best Buddies pillar
programs (Friendship, Jobs, Leadership, and Living). The human
resources team focuses on the following areas: personnel
requirements, background checks, training, HR policies, health and
safety, cyber, and HIPAA.
The ideal candidate has strong research skills to analyze complex
compliance issues that could result in legal or regulatory action
against the organization. Communicates complex information in a
clear and concise manner to senior leadership and/or founder and
chairman. Works independently on both ad-hoc and routine
assignments meant to ensure the effectiveness of Best Buddies'
compliance program. Provides support to staff throughout the
organization on an ongoing basis in order for them to maintain and
enhance their compliance related knowledge and efforts.
Job Requirements- Qualified applicants must have:
- Bachelor's degree and/or minimum 3+ years of experience in
compliance or related field
- Legal or research background a plus
- Experience working with regulations, compliance process,
contracts, insurance preferred
- Skilled in using databases, including creating queries and
- Superior project/time management skills - including
planning/prioritizing, analysis, attention to detail, and advanced
problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and managing
- Possess a motivated, "self-starter" personality, with the
ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing needs
- Strong customer service skills - work well under pressure and
with a variety of people
Job Dutiesinclude - but are not limited to:
- Work with the state operations and programs team on all
- Responsible for growing and overseeing the compliance
- Work with government relations and programs team on reviewing
contracts to identify compliance requirements
- Draft agreements as needed for the organization
- Responsible for creating and deploying a health and safety and
risk management plans. This includes being a subject matter expert
on federal, state, and local health policies, laws, and
- Write and update, as needed, organization's COVID policy and
protocol. Oversee implementation of policy and protocol.
- Assist programs teams in creating risk management protocols and
- Assist in mandatory reports, including researching and
explaining applicable state laws and contract requirements to
- Assist in writing and creating compliance training
- Oversee government agency, personnel, training, health and
safety and I.T. requirements
- Identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk, both
isolated issues and trends
- Act as HIPPA subject matter expert and training staff on HIPAA
and BAA compliance
- Proactively recommend and draft revisions of compliance
policies and procedures and other documentation used to support the
organization's compliance program
- Recommend policy changes based on current state, local, and/or
federal policies, laws, etc. and future legislations.
- Oversees and assists in audits, monitoring, and CARF
- Acts as HR/national office representative for audits.
- Oversees and manages organizational and state compliance for
staff, such as background checks, fingerprint clearances, abuse
registry checks, suitability clearances, etc.
- Oversees and manages state addendums.
- Interpret legalese to educate team members on state and federal
policies such as contract language, OSHA requirements, labor laws
(federal and state), and health policies.
- Manage multiple projects to completion, communicating updates
and meeting deadlines.
Best Buddies - is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an
EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are
foundational to Best Buddies International's core values and help
the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best
Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits programs
that include financial security, health and wellness and time
Keywords: Best Buddies International, Miami , Manager, Compliance, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!