Sr. Associate, IT SOX Audit (Regulatory)
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Sr. Associate, IT SOX Audit (Regulatory)
Country: United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a member of the Technology organization, you will be part of the
team that serves the needs of Santander Consumer, including
products and services for personal, business, and corporate
customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are
committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and
innovation to be a smart, customer-focused, and solutions-oriented
The Senior Associate, IT Sox Audit management operates within the
First Line of Defense and is accountable to assist the Business
Control & Risk Management team in driving effective and consistent
business line execution against the Enterprise Risk Management
This position will be responsible for supporting and driving
certain portions of the IT Regulatory Program Office team. The role
will be responsible for managing and supporting examinations
(internal & external), and all stakeholders involved. The role will
involve collection, review, and analysis of regulatory data and
metrics, and remediation action plans. The role will also involve
working with a variety of stakeholders at senior levels located
throughout Groups US operating entities. This position will be
exposed to all various aspects of Technology, including but not
limited to network security, access management, cyber security, IT
architecture, IT resiliency, software development lifecycle,
disaster recovery, infrastructure engineering, and all other
aspects of IT management. This position will involve oversight and
understanding of Groups US operating entities, including their
respective lines of business and corporate functions, as well as
participation in all facets of management of examinations and
reviews of Groups US operating entities. Advanced knowledge of
applicable US laws and regulations and financial services industry
regulators is a plus.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage examinations, audits, and reviews on behalf of the
Technology organization, specifically IT SOX audit
- Management of all key stakeholders throughout Technology
examination, audit, and review; including the
- Work with various stakeholders to evaluate action plans, and
- Collaborate with various teams to identify, assess, and
validate various Technology risks and controls before, during and
after examinations, audits and/or reviews
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory matters affecting the US
financial services industry, the regulatory environment, and
potential impact on Groups US operating entities
- Compile, analyze, and review quantitative and non-quantitative
regulatory risk management information from Groups US operating
- Provide leadership within the RPO team, IT Chief Operations
Office and Technology to effectively lead and collaborate with
various stakeholders while influencing strategic goals.
- Partner with Second Line of Defense to provide input/review of
relevant frameworks, policies, and standards.
- Drive Risk Culture: Facilitate awareness of, and adherence to,
risk frameworks, policies, and standards through internal
validation and issue/risk management.
- Continuously monitor all sources of risk existing within
Technology, and externally; while utilizing research, networking,
and experience to anticipate critical risks and issues impacting
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting,
Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems,
Finance, Economics, or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk
Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
field. (Pref) Work Experience:
- Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit
Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or
regulatory experience., 9+ years
- IT Audit experience is preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects
across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial
services products and services.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and financial
services industry regulators
- Understanding of banking operations and the financial services
regulatory and risk management environment
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and
influence line of business executives.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in
collaborative environments involving all levels of management and
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information
resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Advanced PC (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) skills
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as
sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting
equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite
meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to
fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not
list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your
supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be
evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed
in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this
job description at any time. This job description is not a contract
for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any
time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Miami , Sr. Associate, IT SOX Audit (Regulatory), Accounting, Auditing , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!