Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Miami Growth - Highgate Hotels
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for providing
consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by
supplying the accounting staff with guidance and training. He/she
is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the
business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting,
ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance
with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding
- Assist Director of Finance in timely preparation of monthly
financial statements for the property
- Prepare, monitor, and accurately record hotel revenues daily by
preparation of the Income Journal. Identify all variances to budget
and last year.
- Monitoring and control of hotel operations, cash flow and
operating forecasts for the property
- Under guidance of Director of Finance maintain timely interaction
with Department Heads to assure that property operations are on
track and under control at all times
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger
account reconciliations for the property
- Supervision of accounting department staff
- Compliance with Highgate Accounting Policies and Procedures and
internal controls for our finance and accounting operations
- Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to
management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and
timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate
recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel's established
guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to
prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist Director
of Finance and advise Department Heads in maintaining the hotels'
- With supervision of Director of Finance hire, train, supervise
and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Keywords: Miami Growth - Highgate Hotels, Miami , Assistant Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!