Center Director - Chen Senior Medical Centers - South Florida
Posted on: May 26, 2023
We're unique. - You should be, too.We're changing lives every
day. - For both our patients and our team members. Are you
innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and
ambition off the charts? - Do you inspire others with your kindness
and joy?We're different than most primary care providers. We're
rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.The
Director, Center directs and administers the day-to-day operations
of a medical center. The incumbent in this role is responsible for
the overall performance of the operational, economical, sales and
people-related center level goals. He/She partners closely with the
center's clinical leadership to ensure patient care, service and
clinical metrics, goals and objectives meet and/or exceed
expectations. The Director, Center is an individual that, first and
foremost, has a strong desire to serve others. The incumbent must
be equally comfortable greeting patients in the waiting room,
engaging with PCPs to further the ChenMed Way, leading a diverse
staff, growing a business and owning a profit and loss budget. This
service-oriented individual has a keen understanding of how serving
others results in staff that is better developed and more capable,
and patients that are more engaged in their health, thereby
yielding better patient outcomes.WHAT WE DO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhb0jqgwD6g&t=23sHOW WE DO IT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRwSgUIHMVI&t=2sWHY THIS JOB IS
- Competitive Salary Package plus quarterly bonus!
- Monday through Friday work schedule- 7:30 am- 4:30 pm or - 8
am- 5 pm.
- Approachable team that leans on and supports one another.
- Team of leaders who believe in our professional development and
- Certified "Great Place To Work"!
- Ranked in Fortune Magazine's "Change the World" list!
- Amazing healthcare benefits and 401K with a strong company
match! -ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns and operates an average annual budget in excess of $20M
for a medical center; staffing up to 30 employees and regularly
servicing an average of less than 12,000 patients per year.
- Leads growth strategy for center around membership growth and
- Leads people, coordinates and inspires the team and achieves
results under challenging circumstances. -
- Works comfortably with financial statements, and financial
concepts, in a service organization. -
- Provides extraordinary customer service to all internal and
external customers (including patients and other Chen Medical team
- Monitors office communication and performance to ensure that
front desk, referrals and care promoter teams operate in an
efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner.
- Collaborates with team leaders to conduct performance
evaluations of team members and complete any required disciplinary
- Attends all growth related events.
- Monitors the number of patients and wait times to ensure proper
flow of patients from check-in through appointment to
- Addresses and resolves all customer-service or team member
- Ensures accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information
including supplies, invoices, billing requests and patient
- Works in partnership with the Sales and Marketing COE in
developing strategies to increase and retain membership.
- Applies a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes
to problem solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve
people, process and systems resolutions before increasing costs and
- Utilizes a keen sense of business acumen that assists with
understanding our business, appreciating the various operating
levers to utilize for success and driving significant new patient
growth in their center.
- Collaborates with the Leadership Team and Administrators in
relation to strategic business planning.
- Demonstrates an astute sense of ownership; the successful
Director, Center drives center success from all dimensions -
people, finance, service, growth and outcomes, as if they owned the
- Maintains an awareness of the competitive healthcare
environment; actively drive sales and ensures that ChenMed's family
of companies' level of service exceeds all other healthcare
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
discretion.Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducts tours for prospective patients and ensures New Patient
paperwork is completed and in chart.
- Works with PCPs to assist with scheduling meetings with
patients and/or writing letters to/for patients.
- Reviews reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and
processes are being followed.
- Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is
reconciled and deposited.
- Conducts walk-through of the Center to ensure a clean and safe
environment, including spot checks of back office for expired
medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal,
- Conducts trainings and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA
compliance, ensures annual OSHA trainings occur and employees have
all required certifications current in their files.
- Monitors transportation and housekeeping activities.
- Monitors and/or alters team member work schedules, including
approval of overtime or vacations.Competencies:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that
apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common
- Situational Adaptability: - Effectively building formal and
informal relationship networks inside and outside the
- Customer Focus: - Building strong customer-centric
relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: - Using a combination of feedback
and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the
marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of
key financial indicators to make better business
decisions.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed business acumen and acuity
- Dynamic individual with outgoing, energetic, and collaborative
- Possesses the knowledge, understanding, experience, skills, and
abilities commensurate with managing an entity that equals or
exceeds $20M in annual revenue
- Introductory knowledge and understanding of and experience with
full risk management contracts
- Strong track record of taking on new assignments and quickly
mastering new ways of accomplishing goals
- Analytical, organized, driven by attaining results.
Exceptionally detail-oriented with a high degree of objectivity and
methodical skills to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Emotionally mature, able to initiate, conduct and navigate
difficult conversations with individuals at all levels
- Strategic and visionary approach to work. Innovative, creative,
and continually seeking ways improve efficiency and productivity
through cutting-edge, technological advancements
- Openness to learning with a curiosity about the ChenMed Way and
willingness to adapt to our innovative approach to improving health
- Capability to effectively communicate with employees, patients,
and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner
- Keen ability to manage multiple projects and processes and work
effectively with other team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel,
Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and
nationwide up to 20% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This position requires use and exercise of independent
judgmentEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma with a minimum of 10 years' related
internal and/or external work experience in same or similar service
industry required, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- Associate degree with a minimum of 7 years' related internal
and/or external work experience in same or similar service industry
required, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Hospitality,
Healthcare Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of
5 years' related internal and/or external work experience in same
or similar service industry required, preferable healthcare or
- MBA, MHA, MPA or a Master's degree in a related discipline
- FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES, the above plus:
- o - - - A minimum of 1 full year of internal, ChenMed
experience as a Center Manager/Director in Training (CMiT/CDiT) or
Center Operations Manager (COM) required
- o - - - Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in working with
ChenMed center level Income Statements, Medical products, services,
standards, policies and procedures
- FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES, the above plus:
- o - - - A minimum of 5 years' progressive
supervisory/managerial experience required
- o A minimum of 3 years' Income Statement management experience
requiredWe're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors
and changing America's healthcare for the better. - Family-owned
and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the
health and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing
rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate
health care. - ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve
and the people we hire. - With great compensation, comprehensive
benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so
much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and
opportunities to grow. - Join our team who make a difference in
people's lives every single day.
Keywords: ChenMed, Miami , Center Director - Chen Senior Medical Centers - South Florida, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...