Company: The Elser Hotel & Residences
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu.
Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets
through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague.
Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate
asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative
revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages
of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development
through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the
creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and
utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that
identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The Elser Hotel & Residences is a 49-story luxury condominium hotel
located in Downtown Miami. The newly completed tower offers 646
fully furnished rooms/residences, over 19,000 square feet of
curated amenities and 5,000 square feet of prime retail space.
Named after the iconic Elser Pier, which was built in the 1900s and
became the premier place for locals and visitors to enjoy the
magical shoreline of Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami, The Elser
Hotel & Residences will continue this tradition.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions
of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing are are
completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process
daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and
related information to include payroll hours, verifying payroll
information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll
input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance
with Highgate Hotels's required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide
cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with
the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all
- Process "due backs" on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis
and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in
accordance with Highgate Hotels's policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference
checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit
requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements,
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate
all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized
filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned
checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing
bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other
related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial
occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: The Elser Hotel & Residences, Miami , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!