Revenue & Accounts Receivable Analyst
Company: Gulliver Preparatory School
Posted on: November 19, 2023
About Gulliver Preparatory SchoolGulliver Preparatory School is
Miami's school of choice for challenging, innovative, and
personalized learning designed to meet the needs of a diverse and
dynamic world. We are a school of innovation and transformation,
and we provide each and every student with unparalleled
opportunities to explore and experiment.Founded in 1926 by Arthur
Gulliver and transformed under the visionary leadership of Marian
C. Krutulis in the second half of the 20th century, Gulliver Prep
has been a leading school of distinction for nearly 100 years. To
this day, our mission remains unchanged: to create an academic
community devoted to educational excellence, with a personal touch,
that fulfills each student's potential. We are a family for the
whole family, and we celebrate our global community.Job
SummaryGulliver Preparatory School is looking for a Revenue &
Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our team of professionals. This
position is responsible for all aspects of the student
billing/collections process and all revenue transactions. In
addition, the Revenue & Accounts Receivable Analyst will provide
guidance with the student financial aid process and administration
of student re-enrollment. This position reports directly to the
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will provide support in various
accounting-related activities.Responsibilities include but are not
- Maintain and administer all aspects of student account billing
to ensure all account information and financial activities are
reflected accurately and timely in the student billing system
- Generating AutoPay charges and credits according to the
appropriate payment plan as outlined in enrollment contracts.
- Maintaining billing codes in the student billing system,
preparing billing statements, and sending timely notifications
regarding billing statements.
- Recording payments and/or credits to student accounts.
- Following up directly with families regarding returned/declined
payment activity (ACH returns, credit card disputes, etc.).
- Communicating directly with banking and/or merchant processor
staff to resolve any payment or processing issues.
- Working with families to provide guidance with online payment
- Administer the collections process to ensure timely follow-up
on payment of outstanding balances including:
- Serving as the school's primary collection representative
regarding all past due charges, and initiating direct communication
early in the collection cycle to reduce the risk of substantial
past due balances.
- Identifying emerging collection issues for appropriate action
in a timely manner through regular reviews of billing reports, such
as AR aging or past due accounts.
- Communicating with families who have past due accounts in a
timely fashion, documenting collection activities, and sending
notifications as instructed by the Controller.
- Escalating collection issues to the Controller, as
- Manage all aspects of the financial aid process from
application, validation of documents and calculated need.
- Work with the Director of Enrollment Management to ensure all
financial aid awards are properly reflected on the student's
accounts, and ensure that all required supporting documents are
received in a timely manner.
- Work with the Director of Enrollment Management during the
student re-enrollment process to ensure contracts and payment plans
are established, communicated, and executed timely.
- Ensure enrollment counts maintained by admissions agree to
student billing, and work with the admission staff to resolve any
variances or irregularities.
- Work with the Director of Auxiliary Programs and the Director
of Development to ensure all summer camp, after school, and
fundraising transactions are recognized in the general ledger.
- Review, maintain and reconcile Accounts Receivable accounts on
a monthly basis.
- Manage tuition insurance claims and inquiries.
- Provide support to the CFO as it relates to student billing in
monthly financial reporting and the annual audit and resolve any
discrepancies between the billing system, general reporting, and
general ledger.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance, or related
- Three years of accounting experience highly preferred.Desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to carry out duties and responsibilities in an accurate
and timely manner with a high degree or autonomy, personal
initiative, and ownership.
- Highest regard for confidentiality and exemplary ethical
standards as necessary.
- Ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with
- faculty, administrators, alumni, and guests.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational,
and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with
Google Suite preferred.
- Experience with Veracross preferred.Pre-Employment
RequirementsCriminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint
Screening(s), and Drug screen.Gulliver is deeply committed to the
principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive
community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative
Action/EqualOpportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: Gulliver Preparatory School, Miami , Revenue & Accounts Receivable Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!