Posted on: November 22, 2021
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the
University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use
the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a
faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review
this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for
excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and
impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the
community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging,
where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence,
Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community
works together to create an environment driven by purpose,
excellence, community, and service.
The Gordon Center for Simulation & Innovation in Medical Education
(Gordon Center) is located at the University of Miami Miller School
of Medicine. The mission of the Gordon Center is to develop,
disseminate and evaluate leading edge educational programs by using
advanced technology and simulation systems. The Gordon Center
trains more than 18,000 registrants per year, including paramedic
firefighters, nurses, physicians, medical students, and physician
The Administrative Assistant will assist with day-to-day
administrative support for the Gordon Center.
Direct Clientele Support - 35%
- Assist callers to the main Gordon Center telephone line with
requested information about center programs and direct them to the
proper staff or faculty member, taking messages and retrieving
recorded voice mail messages and relaying as necessary
- Maintain vigilance of Gordon Center daily schedule for:
- Prehospital Emergency Training (PET) Division continuing
education classes, noting all locations
- Medical student trainings, space assignments, and respective
overseeing program staff and/or faculty
- On-site meetings, especially those involving participants from
outside the Gordon Center
- Vendor or University maintenance appointments, their purpose
- Greet individuals and/or groups entering the Gordon Center and
ascertain nature and purpose of visit to:
- Ensure compliance with any mandated safety protocols
- Implement check-in processes for continuing education class
- Direct to specific location in the center, conveying general
- Assist and redirect lost campus visitors and/or patients to
- Answer questions, assist in problem-solving, resolve issues
when able, referring to the proper staff or faculty member
- Set up the day before class and process PET learner check-in,
with pre-prepared learner sign-in sheet, parking reimbursement,
books and/or handouts, beverage and/or food to be served
- Assist in medical student session rotations in the center as
Administrative, Operations, and Clerical Support - 60%
- Be a proficient user of the Gordon Center SQL Server Database
to assist online registrants having difficulty and to conduct
database searches, execute functions, and output reports:
- As needed by instructors, simulation technicians or faculty
teaching or preparing to teach a class.
- To provide cross coverage due to illness, vacation, special
events, or accrued backlog.
- Be competent in searching and entering events in Simmetrics,
the software used to manage scheduling space in the Gordon Center
- Help input classes each term with respective facility needs for
efficient allocation of space and resources
- Assist in responding and fulfilling to requests to reserve
rooms by other departments or centers
- Process online parking validation for visitors and specified
- Securely process in-person and over-the-phone credit card
payment transactions for course fees and complete required online
PCI Compliance Awareness Training
- Assist faculty and staff as requested with clerical duties,
including written and verbal communication; photocopying, collating
and packet preparation; typing; data entry and compilation; filing,
and phone calling
- Schedule and prepare paperwork for outgoing Federal Express
shipments and ensure incoming deliveries are routed to the proper
- Assist with catering planning, set-up, and clean-up of for
refreshments or lunch for specific classes or meetings
- Be cognizant of and promptly report to superior any
maintenance, equipment or facility problems with air conditioning,
restrooms, staff lounges, or classrooms
Other duties as required - 5%
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1year of relevant experience
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files,
reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only
university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care
powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at
the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza
("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of
Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Academy, Miami , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!