Director of Sales and Marketing
Company: DOUBLETREE BY HILTON MIAMI ARPT CONVENTION CTR
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Summary: Responsible for the leadership and management of
all functions of the Hotel's Sales and Marketing operations,
including direct sales, sales solicitation, sales administration
and public relations, in accordance with Hotel's
- Produce the annual Revenue Plan in conjunction with Executive
Committee members, Sales and Marketing budgets; Produce 30-60-90
- Produces, implements and monitors action plans to ensure
Revenue Plan objectives are achieved.
- Analyze current and potential market trends, coordinates all
activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business
volume and increased rate.
- Procure new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring
contact with airlines, cruiselines, travel agencies, private clubs
and professional associations within local, domestic and
- Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts incentive
buyers' airlines and wholesalers, through personal sales calls,
telephone contacts and written communications.
- Develop rate strategies in conjunction with Revenue Manager as
well as GM to flex ADR in relation to business volume and
- Increasing local food and beverage banqueting sales
- Ensures the hotel is represented as an active member of the
local community through association membership.
- Coordinates sales and promotes business for the other
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels within the region.
- Interacts with worldwide regional sales offices with attention
to local office.
- Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas. Attends
major travel functions to promote sales for the hotel.
- Directs all sales activities for Sales Managers to ensure they
meet the goals of the Revenue Plan.
- Ensure that the training needs of the department are identified
and that wall Hilton required training is completed by all sales
associates within the dept
- Carries out personnel related duties to include but not limited
to interviewing, appraising, coaching, counseling, and where
necessary, disciplining to ensure staffing and productivity as
- Produces monthly Sales reports
- Meets with guests from major producers/organizers of big events
staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and continuously updates mailing lists.
- Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within
- Carries out any reasonable request made by management
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features/services,
hours of operation, schedule inhouse group activities, location and
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical
situations and plan effective solutions in conjunction with Dept
Heads to best expedite these situations.
- Conduct Management Development and Performance Review for all
sales managers and hourly associates within department.
- Prepares written communication/visual presentations to
customers, monthly owners review and hotel team as needed
- Creates and distributes promotional programs, digital marketing
and short term call to action eblasts to drive new business.
- Participate in Weekly Revenue Management meeting to review
yield management and assist in develop rate and occupancy
strategies during high and low demand periods for the hotel and
adjust ADR accordingly.
- Set goals for each sales manager to achieve revenue plan
- Understand the agendas and perspectives of others to establish
mutually beneficial objectives.
- Join local professional organizations within the community.
- Proven management abilities including, but not limited to
recognizing key market areas and trends, planning short- and
long-range goals, including strategic planning, forecasting and
budgeting, departmental profit loss analysis, sales contracts.
- Proven work record in all areas of sales and marketing
including broad knowledge in all markets (i.e., meetings, tour and
travel, incentive, corporate, F.I.T.)
- Establish and evaluate actions plans, structure of sales
efforts and allocation of resources to achieve desired
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and
presentation and preparation of written communication.
- Build strong sales team utilitizing interpersonal skills to
drive results and create a healthy environment for
- Act as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement. Work
with your sales managers to set goals and establish strong action
- Motivate team beyond challenges and obstacles and enable them
to achieve results and be successful
- Strong organizational strategy skills to maximize profitability
for both the short and long term which requires prudent long-term
- Proficiency in Delphi, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Adhere to hotel's standards, policies and procedures and
develop new processes that improve current SOPs.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate
- Identify direct reports training needs and provide ongoing
training as well as provide Hilton resources for training
- Analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment. Focus on
attention to details.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of employee's hotel
- Establish a climate within the sales and marketing department
for open communication.
- Ability to communicate the hotel's vision of being the leading
hotel in the community
- Motivate team and enable them to achieve results and be
- Prepare written communication and conveying information clearly
and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Ability to make decisions that enhance the hotel's financial
position.Education & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Director of Sales and/or
Marketing in a large group/convention segment.
- Previous training in other hotel departments is preferred.
- Bi-linqual preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: DOUBLETREE BY HILTON MIAMI ARPT CONVENTION CTR, Miami , Director of Sales and Marketing, Advertising , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!