Instructor I, Nursing (Eve/Weekend) - Mental Health
Company: West Coast University
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: May 15, 2022
SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Campus Dean and/or Program
Chair, the Instructor I, Nursing (Undergraduate) supports the
University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals.
- Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated
with prescribed course and program learning outcomes.
- Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an
educator, role model, mentor and facilitator.
- Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation,
responsiveness, and accountability.
- Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in
relevant department initiatives.
- Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order
to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or
licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet
student learning, workplace and placement expectations.
- Actively and substantively participates in assessment of
student learning activities to maximize the potential for students
to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
- Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- One year or less experience in teaching in a university or
college setting required as defined by University's faculty
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products,
especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products
- Working with online learning management systems to further
engage the student learning process desirable.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating
to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation,
state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation
Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western
Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators
and/or accreditation bodies.
- Clinical RN - Must have a minimum of two (2) year's prior
experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and
have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they
- Must have the minimum higher education background required by
the program. Must provide a documented background in educational
methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not
limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts
relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current
clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and
- Master's degree in specialty field required.
- Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in
Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a
registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical
faculty immediately following graduation.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization
- In California, must meet Board of Registered Nursing
requirements as stipulated in their statues:
- Section 1425(c) states, " An instructor shall meet the
following minimum qualifications: 1425(a)(1) A Master or higher
degree from an accredited college or university which includes
course work in nursing, education, or administration. If degree
other than in nursing submit information verifying course work in
- 1425(c)(3) Completion of at least one (1) years' experience
teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a
post-baccalaureate course which includes PRACTICE IN TEACHING
REGISTERED NURSING. Submit official course description to verify
- 1425(c)(2) Direct patient care experience within the previous
five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned,
which can be met by: (A) One (1) year's continuous, full-time or
its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a
registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or (B) One (1)
academic year or of registered nurse level clinical teaching
experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent.
- Clinical RN - Bachelor's degree in nursing or in natural,
behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice from an
accredited college or university required. Graduates from the West
Coast University RN-BSN program who meet the minimum experience
requirement as a registered nurse are eligible for consideration as
a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other
current professional licensure by state or national board if
applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required
for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Current CPR card.
- Clinical RN - Must have approval by the Board of Registered
Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of clinical faculty
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set
forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is
accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for
area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth
in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary
to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures
including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External
Defibrillator. ABOUT US For over 100 years, West Coast University
has been educating and preparing students for professional careers
across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas,
Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach
to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future
healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are
Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric
learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver
transformational education within a culture of integrity and
personal accountability. Our benefited faculty and associates are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development West Coast University is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population. Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Miami , Instructor I, Nursing (Eve/Weekend) - Mental Health, Education / Teaching , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!