Assistant Coach/Physical Education - Part-Time
Company: the victory center
Posted on: August 8, 2022
SUMMARY: The Assistant Coach s primary job responsibility is to
assist the Head Coach with implementing developmentally appropriate
fitness activities 5 times per week for students with autism
spectrum disorder and other disabilities. Activities include fine
and gross motor movements that involves swimming, strength
training, cardio, and biking. Alongside the Head Coach, the
Assistant Coach will the track progress of each student and assist
in preparing students for special fitness events such as: TVC s
Field Day.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a positive, organized, and safe learning
- Manage time, materials, and equipment effectively.
- Arrive on time daily.
- Schedule is 7:45 AM to 1:15 PM Monday through Friday
- Maintain a strong knowledge base and share information
regarding best practice and proven methodologies in teaching
students with autism and related disorders.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record keeping
- Recognize overt indicators of student distress or abuse and
take appropriate action based on school procedures and law.
- Use appropriate materials, technology, and resources to help
meet learning needs of all students.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged
to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other
professionals, students, parents, and the community.
- Collaborate with other professionals and parents.
- Model professional and ethical conduct when dealing with
students, peers, parents and the community.
- Perform and fulfill all professional responsibilities.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate
- Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and
appropriate for age group, subject area and/or program
- Perform other incidental tasks as directed by the Directors of
- Coaches are expected to maintain professionalism at all times.
Discussing general school issues with parents in a negative
connotation will be grounds for termination.
- Scheduling personal commitments so that they do not conflict
with school responsibilities (insofar as this is possible).
- Follow school policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This position requires candidate to speak,
write, read in English. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ability
to interact with all levels of individuals. Computer skills
including MS Office. Excellent communication, interpersonal and
problem-solving skills. Skill in oral and written communication
with students, parents, and others. Strong attention to detail.
Enthusiasm for working with children with special needs.
Responsible and caring attitude for the population we serve.
Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum
. Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that
students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators, support
staff, and community agencies.
. Bi-lingual (spanish), a plus. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High
School Diploma or Equivalent Experience working with Special Needs
Children Responsible and caring attitude for the population we
serve Ability to implement appropriate fitness
activitiesCERTIFICATIONS: CPR and PCM preferredPHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as
needed to move objects.
Keywords: the victory center, Miami , Assistant Coach/Physical Education - Part-Time, Education / Teaching , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!