Coach, Alpha - an EDU Startup - $150,000/year USD
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Crossover is the world's #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our
clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting
this role for our client, Alpha - an EDU Startup. Have you got what
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an in-person role located in Austin,
If you want no more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty
But you still want to inspire, motivate, and spark interest in
young minds -
You belong at Alpha.
Alpha is a new kind of school. You won't find stuffy lectures or
rigid lesson plans here. Instead, we've built a place where kids
can learn at the right speed for them, rather than waiting for
their peers to catch up.
In place of traditional educational tools, Alpha offers students
adaptive apps and highly effective motivational strategies.
Designed by education experts, our apps are rooted in
scientifically proven learning principles like mastery and spaced
Instead of traditional teachers, Alpha employs Guides:
entertaining, energetic speakers who motivate, inspire, and
encourage students to achieve challenging academic goals while
actually enjoying their time at school. Thanks to this unique
approach to education, Alpha students learn twice as much as they
would in a "regular" school - and they discover their strengths,
foster their interests, and pick up valuable life skills along the
We make three promises to parents:
- Your child will genuinely love school and develop a true thirst
- Your child will learn at least 2x faster than they would at a
regular school through the use of adaptive learning apps and
learning science principles.
- Your child will learn valuable life skills to supplement their
Right now, Alpha is looking for an expert mentor to coach and
develop our team of Guides. In this role, you'll shape the ways
Alpha Guides connect with students. Consider applying if---
- You're a natural leader who can balance empathy with logic,
objectivity, and firmness
- You believe that students are limitless but can also sometimes
be dishonest, not try their hardest, or make excuses
- You would be the best Guide if we hired you at that level, but
you'd rather coach Guides and hold them to a high standard
If you know what it means to build the best K-12 program in the US,
then join Alpha to help us revolutionize education!
What You Will Be Doing
- Coaching your team of Guides. By regularly providing personal,
actionable feedback to your team of Alpha Guides, you'll improve
their daily performance and in turn, amplify student enjoyment and
- Creating Guide Playbooks that detail best practices for virtual
facilitation, instructions on how to design more rewarding learning
activities, and what to do when challenges arise.
What You Won't Be Doing
- Teaching students directly: Instead, you'll lead a team of
Guides in keeping their students engaged and motivated. You'll also
help your Guides navigate any challenges that come up.
- Writing lesson plans: Think bigger. While your Guides shepherd
their students' day-to-day learning through the use of self-guided,
adaptive learning apps, you'll be training Guides to be better
facilitators, showing them how to create enrichment activities, and
helping them bring more enthusiasm and impact to their live
- Interacting with parents: You won't have to worry about parents
breathing down your neck and putting everything you do under a
microscope. We have someone else taking care of that for you.
- Lowering standards for any reason: If our standard is 100% to
pass, and a Guide wants to pass a student with 99%, you have to
uphold that standard. If a 6th grader wants to take a college
course, you will have to know how to make that happen.
Coach key responsibilities
- Experience working with kids in any capacity
- Experience building or coaching a team (of either kids or
- Experience using data to drive decision-making
- Legal right to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Willingness to relocate to Austin, TX
About Alpha - An EDU Startup
Want to build better schools? Join the thriving community of Alpha.
Alpha is a K-12 school in the heart of Austin, TX committed to
redefining the way kids go to school. Change starts with our three
promises to parents:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional
- Students learn life skills.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is
limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The
position is immediately available and requires entering into an
independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation
level for this role is $75 USD/hour, which equates to $150,000
USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The
payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs
for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
"screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other
emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting
https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already
applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover, Miami , Coach, Alpha - an EDU Startup - $150,000/year USD, Education / Teaching , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!