After School Instructor- Promise Youth
Company: Hope for Miami
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hours: After-school up to 20 hours a week. Summer up to 35-40 hours
* Ensure that each child is signed into and out of the program site
daily, ensuring that only authorized individuals pick-up the child
at the end of the program day.
* Assist with snacks and/or meals.
* All staff (whether paid or volunteer) must wear the required
identification neck badge at all times during program hours
(on-site and offsite field trips.)
* Staff must have a charged cell phone or program walkie-talkie on
their person for immediate contact in case of emergency.
* Ensure that drinking water is available to the children at all
times (especially during outdoor play and physical education
activities) to protect against dehydration.
* Ensure the safety of children during program hours through a
daily, documented monitoring for safety hazards (such as broken
equipment or furniture, toxic or caustic chemicals or cleaning
agents) of both indoor and outdoor space.
* Monitor the cleanliness of the bathroom facilities and re-stock
the paper and cleaning products once per day (on four-hour program
days) and twice per day on the longer 10-hour program day.
* In case of emergency, accident or injury, staff will consult the
Student Emergency Contact file for information on allergies,
medical and doctor information, parent notification and authorized
* Incident/injury reports will be filled out and signed by staff
witnesses on the same day as an event occurs and faxed to the HFM
Administrative office by the end of the program day. Incidents
requiring medical attention will be brought to the attention of the
HFM Administrative office by telephone immediately. Incident
follow-up form must be filled out as well within 5 days of the
* Staff will safeguard the confidentiality of student or family
information on file, especially medical conditions, family income
and benefits eligibility, and student academic performance.
* As assigned by the Site Supervisor, Instructors may open/close
the program facility which may require an adjustment in daily work
* Ensure the children's nutritional needs are met through the daily
snack (or lunch/snack during longer program day.)
* Follow the daily activity schedule set by the program/site
* Model and reinforce the washing of hands and cleanliness,
especially before meals/snacks and after using the bathroom.
* Demonstrate respect for parents at all times.
* Cooperate with other staff and Arts Specialist.
* Attend staff trainings outside of program hours to improve
professional skills and enhance the program activities. (Paid staff
will be paid the contracted hourly rate for staff training
*PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS AND DUTIES*
* Each Instructor is assigned a specialty area of responsibility by
the Site Supervisor: Physical Fitness, Social Skills or Supervision
of free choice activities.
* If assigned physical fitness responsibilities, Instructors must
administer the PACER assessment test and must annually be certified
in that test by Project RISE. Instructors are encouraged to seek
certification in the SPARK curriculum and must ensure that children
have - hour of supervised physical activities each day. For longer
program day, the physical activities will be increased to at least
one-hour total, in - hour increments.
* Create a positive, enriching academic environment for the
* Assist children with completion of the daily school homework, if
* Assist children in the use of educational computer lab, if
* Minimum of High School, Preferred Associate Degree in related
* Work towards 45 Hours DCF /Florida Child Care Professional
* Available to work the required program hours
* Reliable personal transportation and personal cell phone
* Demonstrated experience working with children
* Positive response to criminal background check (fingerprint)
* Basic Computer skills
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
* Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hope for Miami, Miami , After School Instructor- Promise Youth, Education / Teaching , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!