Senior Staff Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Description General Responsibilities:
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of
projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading
field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and
recommendations, design and development of plans and
specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing,
preparation, and review of related reports for the services
provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance
with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost
estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and
recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction
problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for
inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be
able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to
technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may
be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works,
transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Mid-level, experienced engineering professional responsible for
managing and executing small to medium projects and sometimes more
- Develop the scope of work for routine projects.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, and other project
- Analyze data, and perform engineering calculations and
- Coordinate and supervise field investigations, laboratory
testing, and evaluation of respective data, development of
- Develop plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed
phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager to gain project
management and engineering experience.
- Make design recommendations, adaptations and
- Prepare work scope, proposals and reports and plans
investigations for approval by senior level professionals for
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team
- Supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers,
engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and
other support personnel.
- Interact with client and project team in developing scope of
services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience.
- Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required
and ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration. About Terracon
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs. EEO Statement Terracon is an EEO employer.
We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled
candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not
discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee
because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military
status. Terracon's COVID-19 Safety Response Committed to Our
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after
the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and
grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution
to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as
committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then
Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has
been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners.
It's that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely
in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue
our vision of being "Best at People," here are some of the things
Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated
COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access
to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols
for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say "no" to working in
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone
impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing
extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high
productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by
providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations
and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and
innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job
sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees
continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for
your safety, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100%
employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly
progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
Keywords: Terracon, Miami , Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!