Senior Front End Engineer - Platform Engineering (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling
or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in
2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers
residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to
their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to
help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior Front End Engineer - Platform Engineering
New York City (Remote)
About The Role
As an engineer on the Platform Engineering team, you will use your
skills to create a crucial part of the company's technical
infrastructure. Our team develops and refines solutions that help
engineers monitor the software they build. We provide tools to
engineering leaders that help them understand the performance and
costs of the services for which they are responsible. We integrate
tools that give product owners, designers, and support teams
insight into how customers use Compass software. We supervise and
consult on the incident response process at the company.
You are a developer who is passionate about setting a high bar for
quality across the company. You can pride yourself on your ability
to collaborate effectively with a wide range of roles and
experience levels. A sense of ownership for the product you work on
is important to you. You love to learn and equally love to share
your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator, and you
take care to understand before making yourself understood. You
enjoy trying new frameworks and libraries.
At Compass You Will
- Build, develop, and scale the monitoring solutions used by
engineering teams at the company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on monitoring and incident
- Collaborate with engineers and others from across the
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern
principles of decoupled systems and automated
CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Build a company that is admired worldwide for its engineering
What We Look For
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent.
- Proven track record working in top talent and high-performance
modern frameworks like React, Vue, Ember, or Angular.
- Knowledge of best-practices and architectural patterns for
modern front end applications.
- Multiple instances of leading and owning projects from
beginning to end.
- Comprehensive experience with agile methodologies and automated
testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming.
- Experience collaborating with engineers outside of your
- Experience with Typescript, ES6, or Webpack is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, or
App Dynamics a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture,
continuous integration, and delivery is a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the
world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community
different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer,
we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be
Check out our Engineering blog
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place
in the world - a place where they feel like they belong, where they
can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our
collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass
Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity,
equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity
employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust
benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to
improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants
Keywords: Compass, Miami , Senior Front End Engineer - Platform Engineering (Remote), Engineering , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!