Data Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What's an average day like?This is a net new position for
Pliancy within the Data & Business Enablement team. You will work
with our Lead Analytics Engineer to help design, implement, and
operate our expanding data lakehouse and analytical reporting
environment. You'll create data structures that make reporting and
tracking KPIs both possible and easier. In collaboration with
Analytics Engineering, you'll discover internal/external data
sources to design and build table structures, data products, and
ELT pipelines utilizing tools such as Dataplex, Dataform, Airtable,
and the rest of the GCP Data stack.
Who are we looking for?We need someone with advanced SQL skills and
expertise in building cloud-based data pipelines. Experience with
GCP, Dataform, Airbyte, and Looker is a plus. As a Data Engineer,
you'll need to know our platform through and through, and be able
to solve challenges with data storage, processing, and access. You
are fanatical about writing maintainable code within our given
coding conventions across various data integration platforms.
You're a team player who enjoys interacting with the individuals
you support. You establish connections with users, not problems to
solve; and as a result, build trust. Few things make you happier at
the end of the day than helping your team achieve a shared
objective. You like addressing business challenges with new
technology, typically leading the way in their implementation.
Why work with us?
- Clients solving challenging problems with meaningful
- Top-of-their-game peers who have fun with what they do and take
- Rapid company growth (75% year over year) with the opportunity
to see the impact of your efforts on the company on a massive
- Flexible schedule designed to empower your communication and
time management skills
- Great culture, that is driven by empathetic people.
- Benefits and perks built to meaningfully support you and your
family while we grow together
About usPliancy is fundamentally changing the way businesses value
technology by empowering the next evolution of IT leadership. We
provide white-glove consulting solutions to life science and
finance organizations. Our employees and clients find that we're
starkly different from other IT organizations because we challenge
the status quo in two major ways: by putting people first in every
decision we make, and by innovating towards simplicity and
sustainability. Whether streamlining a client's race to a cancer
cure or securing the fine details of data integrity, we're driven
to help people.
And as a people-first company that invests in the long-term success
of our employees, we're looking for creative thinkers who like to
solve interesting problems. We have a culture of mentorship, and
prioritize curiosity and empathy in our hiring decisions.
- Building and maintaining the company's core enterprise data
lakehouse to support all Pliancy teams' reporting, analysis,
dimensional modeling, and data development.
- Integrating additional data sources to provide subject-matter,
activity, and process analysis
- Providing self-service data features to assist everyone in
making use of data and analytics
- Contribute to the development and promotion of data quality
procedures and initiatives for Pliancy data systems.
- Data Modeling, Data Quality, and Data Integration are some of
the customized Data Services we provide.
- Create and manage data pipelines between internal databases and
- Create and keep architectural and system documentation up to
- Create manageable and performant code.
- Incorporate the DevOps mindset into all you do.
- Plan and carry out system expansion as required to satisfy the
company's growth and analytic requirements.
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineers to increase the efficiency
of their job.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that data
requirements are met.
Requirements (these are recommendations, not requirements - we
review all applicants)
- Soft skills (personality, relationship-building, communication,
- 2+ years of hands-on experience delivering high-quality
- Professional data processing expertise using Python, Java, or
Scala (Python preferred)
- Exhibit a thorough mastery of SQL and analytical data
warehousing (BigQuery preferred)
- Hands-on experience implementing best practices in ELT at
- Hands-on familiarity with data pipeline tools is required
(Dataflow/dbt, airbyte/singer, etc)
- Experience with data sources such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and
MDM systems, as well as ingesting data through SaaS application
- Data modeling and data structure design knowledge are
- Hands-on expertise with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)-based
technologies such as BigQuery, Dataflow, Firebase/Firestore, Google
Kubernetes Engine, and Looker.
Nice to have
- Prior experience within DevOps, Networking, InfoSec, and/or IT
- Looker LookML Developer Certification, Google Data Engineering
Certification, and Google Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer a
- Generous salary, above-average pay ($100-120k DOE)
- "Cadillac" healthcare: Anthem Blue Cross Gold Plan (Premiums
100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents)
- Medical HRA: Company-funded reimbursement account to help cover
copays, deductibles, and coinsurance
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K + 6% company matching (available from your first day)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Cell phone + Home internet reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Fully remote, or head into one of our offices, or hybrid.
Whatever works for you. #LI-Remote
As of September 27, 2021, Pliancy requires all employees to show
proof of full COVID-19 vaccination before being admitted to any of
our physical offices.
Keywords: Pliancy, Miami , Data Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!