Remote Senior DevOps SRE Engineer
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First
American's National Production Services division provides global
title and escrow production support across all channels within
First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial,
Direct, and Agency divisions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE:
FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are
passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about
fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and
empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our
inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous
accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies
to Work For - list for six consecutive years. We have also earned
awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+
employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best
places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a
great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit
www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryWe are looking for a Senior
DevOps engineer to join our DevOps team focused on the digital
transformation of our business applications into the Cloud. -Our
team is responsible for working with our AppDev team on developing
code that can be deployed in a repeatable automated method using
DevOps industry best practices.Participate in the automation,
deployment, debugging, and maintenance of software code to build
and deploy our customer-facing business applications. -Work with
AppDev teams to understand problems with software build and
deployments. -Help AppDev create Build/Application/Database servers
for Business Application based on documentation provided. Develop
and maintain deployment Framework (Infrastructure as Code) for
application and database automations.******** 100% Remote
Opportunity *********Essential Functions
- Devises/modifies procedures to solve problems considering
computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and
- Designs, codes, test and debugs deployment Framework as needed.
Documents deployment procedures and changes.
- Consult with PM's and develop business relationships and
integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful
- Expert in Source control tools and provides support for complex
administration tasks for all Application Projects
- Expert in DBA tasks and work with Infrastructure and AppDev
teams in trouble shooting complex Database issues.
- Experience in collaboration tool administration tasks and
provide support in installation, configuration and upgrade
- Enhance and document onboarding process and provide feedback to
team in process improvement.
- May lead small projects or regularly coach other team members
to ensure business application systems are supported in a way that
complies with established methodologies and practices.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project
efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the
attainment of project goals and implementing corrective
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT
colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Implement Disaster recovery tasks in collaboration with AppDev
teams for each onboarded applications.
- Experienced in Agile process and understand how to create a
project, create user stories and assign tasks to SCM team
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases
of software configuration and support activities.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full
understanding of industry practices and established policies and
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies
solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
- Regularly provides input to define and implement conceptual
- Provide SCM team support to onboard new application.
- Provide SCM team support for Disaster recovery tasks.
- Provide on call support on weekends and holidays.
- Work with external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve
technical issuesKnowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages & data
C#, json, xml, yaml.
- Current experience with various computer platforms and Cloud
application environments including Azure, GCP and AWS.
- Expert in design and development of automation tools and
scripting languages including Terraform, Groovy, python, shell
- Expert in Database administrations tasks and provide critical
support including MSsql, MySql, Postgress, AWS RDS/Aurora,
- Expert in continuous integration products and collaboration
tools including Jenkins, TeamCity, BitBucket, Jira
- Solid Project Management skills.
- Solid Presentation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provides excellent customer service to customer base and
mentors junior team members.Typical Education
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experienceTypical Range of Experience
- Typically 5-7 years of directly related
experience#techreferral#LI-NM1#NPSITFirst American invests in its
employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Miami , Remote Senior DevOps SRE Engineer, Engineering , Hallandale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!