Company: Homewood Suites - Miami Blue
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is the job description for MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Chief Engineer, Asst Chief Engineer
Job Purpose: Oversee a comprehensive preventative maintenance
program including the repair of failing equipment, recordkeeping of
parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment,
ordering of parts needed for equipment or service, communicating
needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of
equipment to immediate supervisor, and scheduling and executing
work needed to make repairs.
1. Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical defects/failures in
various maintenance equipment including (but not
limited to) diesel, gasoline and electrically powered
2. Instruct and/or assist in training workers regarding
preventative maintenance and the proper cleaning of and
safe operation of equipment.
3. Prioritize equipment repair and maintenance work.
4. Maintain a preventative maintenance program with budget on all
equipment and purchases replacement
parts and supplies.
5. Keep a complete set of records for equipment servicing,
equipment condition and cost of repairs.
6. Spot check equipment for performance on the course; frequently
make emergency repairs on the course and
services equipment prior to use.
7. Oversee the shop area and related storage facilities.
8. Regulate employees' use of equipment in the absence of the Chief
Engineer, if needed, and performs other
duties as directed by the Superintendent.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Working knowledge of light and heavy maintenance equipment and
automotive apparatuses, and the theory,
care and operation of combustion engine and mowing equipment.
2. Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, most
importantly grinding equipment for sharpening of
3. Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 6 months mechanic or small engine
Licenses/Certifications: Technical licenses/certifications such as:
HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, etc. is helpful.
Physical Requirements and working conditions: Ability to speak and
hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 50
lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with
frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Miami Blue, Miami , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!