Preventative Maintenance Diesel Mechanic
Company: Ryder System
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
We are currently hiring a Preventative Maintenance Diesel Mechanic
in West Palm Beach, Florida!
Sign-On Bonus: $3500
Hourly: $20.00-24.50 per hour paid weekly
Days: Monday - Friday Weekends OFF
Hours: 3 PM - 11:30 PM
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K etc. within first 30 Days
- Certification Bonus of $100 for each New ASE Certification
Obtained up to $700
- Paid Time off Starts Accruing at DAY ONE with 80 hours per
- 401 K offers a company match
- HIGH VALUED Stock at 15 % Employee Discount
- PPE, UNIFORMS, AND BOOT ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
For more information text "WEST PALM" to Shannon at 904-728-5319
for more info!
Under close supervision, the Preventative Maintenance Technician
position performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair
services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of other levels of technicians when
performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs.
Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage
development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine
maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to
work/train directly with a T3 or T4.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In
order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems,
utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform
repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature
of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate
compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support
operations. These could include but are not limited to Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder System, Miami , Preventative Maintenance Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!