Data Engineer Snowflake - Contractor
Posted on: November 25, 2022
We're unique. You should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Data Integration Engineer is responsible for coding standard
and non-standard (Health Level Seven International (HL7) interfaces
and file transfers through an interface engine product as well as,
updating, modifying and correcting interface code when necessary.
The incumbent in this role designs testing plans with end-users to
ensure the software performs error free through all phases of
testing. He/She monitors application data between systems and
resolves data errors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops data programs that extract, transform, and load (ETL)
data from the data warehouse, assures that architecture and
development follow data warehouse best practices.
- Owns data and continually improves its quality and integrity;
proactively identifies issues at every step and coordinates the
implementation of required fixes.
- Creates, monitors, operates and maintains HL7 and other
interfaces using a variety of data technologies.
- Collaborates with DW architects, data architects,
hardware/software engineers, DBAs, application vendors and managed
services to ensure enterprise DW solutions are reliable, scalable,
flexible and low maintenance.
- Develops reports, dashboards, and tools using SQL, SSIS/SSRS,
and Power BI, as well as other tools.
- Facilitates healthcare data exchange such as ADTs and CCDs
integrating with EMR & practice management system via interface
- Consume and process Admit/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) messages
from external partners using interfaces engines.
- Consumes and processes CCD information from external partners
using interface engines.
- Partners with business stakeholders to understand their needs
and assists in the development of dashboards, visualizations and
solutions tailored to their needs.
- Troubleshoots and documents interoperability issues and their
probable causes. Identifies root/cause, tests and implements
solutions including, but not limited to, updating and reprocessing
transactions as appropriate.
- Integrates data to/from SaaS applications with our internal
systems and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly-developed business acumen and acuity
- Knowledge of DIRECT protocol for healthcare
- Knowledge of JSON, XML, HIPAA ANSI X12, FHIR, HL7
standards/formats, and File Transfer Protocols
- Knowledge of ETL, SQL development, queries, database
maintenance and data security
- Proven knowledge in web-based systems architecture,
service-based architecture, and understanding of Web Service API's
for integration purposes
- Working knowledge of Health Information Exchange platforms such
as Corepoint ( preferred ), InterSystems, Mirth Connect, or
- Proficiency with SQL scripting, MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL
Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL. Integration Services, and
- Technical skills with MySQL/MSSQL database and scripting, Excel
& pivot tables and other relevant technologies (i.e., AWS, XML,
HTTP, SOAP, REST) is required
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, project
management and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite products including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and
nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Software Engineering, Software Development,
Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a
related field required OR additional experience above the minimum
may be considered in lieu of the required education on a
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience, inclusive of
IT experience. In a healthcare environment is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in data analysis, data
modeling and mapping, file layouts and/or data structures
- Experience developing with .NET is a plus
- Experience with identifying, analyzing and implementing
Keywords: ChenMed, Miami , Data Engineer Snowflake - Contractor, Engineering , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!