Company: Archbishop McCarthy Residence Inc
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Summary & Objective
The Property Manager plans, organizes, develops, implements and
directs the overall operation of the facility in accordance with
the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development guidelines and
- Executes regulations regarding tenancy according to the U.S.
Department of Housing and Urban Development including but not
limited to: application, waiting lists, eligibility criteria,
certification for admission, security deposits, move-in, rent
collection, rent reporting, assistance payment reporting, residents
files, re-certification requirements, pet rules, eviction
- Develops and initiates plans and procedures for administration
of the housing facility including tenant relations, assignment,
procedures, eligibility requirements, occupancy rules, maintenance
conditions and related activities.
- Prepares capital budget request, reviews expenditures and
directly controls disbursement of petty cash.
- Supervises and controls all functions of One site Leasing and
Rents software programs to ensure compliance with CHM policies and
- Approves and supervises submission of accounts payable vouchers
on a weekly basis.
- Controls end-of-month closing of the facility records to ensure
proper accumulation of revenues and expenses.
- Oversees deposits and disbursements from tenant security
account by following all applicable CHM procedures.
- Conducts daily building and grounds inspections developing
required correction plans and assures that all deficiencies are
corrected in a timely manner.
- Provides CHM with up-to-date reports on the overall management
of the facility, required current repairs, and submits schedule of
long-range major repairs and/or expenditures.
- Directs and coordinates work activities of office-clerical
staff in processing applications, collecting rents, and routine
processes of facility.
- Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance staff engaged
in routine repairs and maintenance of the building.
- Assures that outside services are properly completed/supervised
in accordance with contracts.
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves problems.
- Responsible for development and implementation of emergency
preparedness plans and coordination of tenant evacuations in case
- Schedules and documents resident/employee participation in
emergency preparedness (i.e., fire drills, evacuations,
- Reviews general incident reports and coordinates corrective
action with CHM, if applicable.
- Reviews employee incident reports, completes and submits Notice
of Injury in a timely manner, if applicable, coordinating all
processes with CHM.
- Coordinates OSHA program assuring employee training,
documentation of work-related injuries/illnesses and maintenance of
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) records.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Assures that adequate supplies and equipment are on hand to
meet day to day operational needs.
- Interprets policies and procedures to employees, residents,
visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Responsible for hiring of personnel, provide training,
evaluates performance, disciplines and terminates employment of
facility personnel in accordance with established policies and
- Processes all newly hired personnel, verifying references,
obtaining required payroll/personnel documentation, establishing
personnel file, provides orientation to the employees to current
- Upon verification of payroll sign-in sheets, coordinates the
submission of bi-weekly payroll data to CHM, assuring compliance
with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains authorization records of all deductions taken from
each employee's paycheck.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel/payroll
- Delegates administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability to the Assistant Manager/Secretary as deemed
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis resulting in a calm environment
throughout the facility.
- Promotes harmonious relations among tenants, and persons of the
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, mutual respect
and safety work practices.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or be assigned at any time.
CHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in property management.
- Knowledge of occupancy requirements per HUD Handbook 4350.3
Occupancy Requirements of Subsidized Multifamily Housing
- Knowledge of guidelines and regulations provided by HUD and
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Archbishop McCarthy Residence Inc, Miami , MANAGER, PROPERTY, Executive , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!