Digital Banking - Engineering Director
Company: American Express
Posted on: February 24, 2021
"You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people
and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways.
Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to
move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people
to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining
what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of
the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse
community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to
deliver an exceptional customer experience every day."
At American Express we place an enormous emphasis on users and
usability. We sit at the intersection of commerce and experiences
and are unique in our business model where we are one of a few
companies in the world that own a user's end to end commerce
With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, members only perks,
we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more
modern, digital and connected world. As we change the way merchants
and their consumers interact with each other, we are looking for
unbelievably talented leaders to define and execute against a very
You'll work among high performing engineering, design and product
teams to set the strategy for and build new digital banking
experiences. As an Engineering Director for the American Express
Digital Banking Experiences you will be responsible for the vision
and execution of the digital banking team.
- Collaborate with product, design, compliance, and business
stakeholders to create unique, best in class banking
- Build, mentor, and grow a team of highly talented engineers who
are empathetic both to our customers as well as to their internal
stakeholders while being aggressive in always doing the right
- Act as a technical resource for engineers, designers, and
product managers. Leverage expertise in internal systems and
internet scale solutions to help others solve problems and deliver
top notch experiences.
- Build a culture of accountability and respect. Discourage a
"throw it over the wall" attitude.
- Own accountability for all quality aspects and metrics for
banking products, including system performance, platform
availability, operational efficiency, information security, data
- Push to constantly be shipping working, secure, well tested
code to production
Your performance is measured by the impact of the products you
launch and by your ability to lead and inspire a high-performing
cross-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Design,
Fraud, Risk, and Operations.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer with leadership
experience, proven ability to drive new projects to completion, and
an eye for quality and detail.
- Technical fluency - ability to clearly describe tradeoffs to
technical and non technical audiences alike to help support product
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting
- Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited
- The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to
achieve great results
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and
delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration and
reusability where possible.
- Solid understanding of modern web technologies and the ever
changing web landscape.
- An eye for design and product. Not just an engineer.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and
strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with
outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is
required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status
protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2021, 6:29:57 PM
Keywords: American Express, Miami , Digital Banking - Engineering Director, Executive , Dania, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!