Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming
Company: YMCA of South Florida
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming The YMCA is now
hiring a Senior Director of Healthy Living Program in Miami. Under
the direction of the VP of Operations, the Sr. Director of Healthy
Living Programming is responsible for the management and
supervision of corporate health partnerships to ensure enrollment
and participation in healthy lifestyle programming. This position
will provide center leadership including program development,
virtual services, and member engagement and /or incentives
(challenges). In addition, the position is directly responsible for
the management and oversight of the Downtown Miami YMCA healthy
living department. This YMCA is the hub of corporate wellness
programming for the organization and "incubator" for strategic
health and wellness initiatives. The Sr. Director of Healthy Living
Programming will facilitate the implementation of working
relationships between YMCA partners and the Downtown Miami YMCA to
ensure optimal service and communication for healthy living
programs and events throughout the community. This individual will
provide direction, measurement and accountability to the
operational activities of the healthy living and program staff with
the objective of maximizing growth, while providing "best in class"
group fitness programming for the Downtown YMCA and South Dade
YMCA. This position is responsible for the standardization of Group
Fitness in Miami including but not limited to, conducting program
audits, teaching classes and launching new group fitness
programming for the association. The position is responsible for
providing a positive member experience and driving program
participation and revenue growth. Essential Functions:
- Effectively plans and executes strategies that support healthy
living, program and engagement plans that ensure that program
revenue grows. Position will focus on corporate wellness, programs,
- Monitors program analytics to include trend analysis and assure
corrective action plans are in place to avert any downward
- Ensure fidelity and outcomes in all disease prevention and
healthy living programs.
- Implements personal training and small group training growth
strategies that support retention of existing members.
- Develops and implements Wellness/Healthy Living staff training
programs focused on core wellness programs such as: small group
training and group exercise classes, new member onboarding,
customer service, and new staff orientation.
- Create and manage systems for billing and collection, 3 rd
party reimbursement and corporate contracts.
- Assist in providing for program sustainability of disease
prevention and return to health programs through annual campaign
contributions, grants, and sponsorships.
- Develop Association practices to retain and grow corporate
- Grow membership through improving the conversion of referred
participants to members.
- Support centers in the implementation of prevention and return
to health programs.
- Assists with leadership and provides staff support to the
Association Strategic Plan.
- Shares responsibility for adherence to and development of the
department budget, in consultation with the VP of Operations.
- As necessary, provide grant oversight ensuring outcomes and
supervising staff and volunteers.
- As necessary assist with management and reporting of grant
programs (participation, quality, data collection, record keeping,
statistical reporting, documentation of expenses, invoicing and
- Build strong relationships with grant, health care, and
- Shares responsibility for the retention and growth of programs
- Assists in monitoring safety in all areas.
- Shares responsibilities for program supervision, public
relations, planning and marketing promotions.
- Provides direct leadership to specific programs (areas) as
- Assists with Annual Campaign, along with other campaigns, and
initiatives as needed.
- Involved with other community groups in identifying and
responding to community needs and issues.
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to
support phone, walk-in, and web registration.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, and holds accountable key
wellness staff as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to measure, evaluate, and
make recommendations on all marketing plans and strategies for both
the organization and family centers and develop analysis reports to
reflect return on marketing investments.
- Works closely with HR and senior leadership to evaluate,
recruit, and select healthy living staff.
- Plans, schedules and leads Downtown Miami and South Dade YMCA
Centers' Group Ex Instructors.
- Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial
- Builds external market position by locating, developing,
defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Organizes events for the YMCA of South Florida as
- Represents and promotes the YMCA at community events.
- Works closely with the VP of Operations to ensure delivery of
the Association quality standards and protocols. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in customer service,
operations and service delivery models.
- Strategic planning and tactical execution experience with
proven significant results / outcomes.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with supervision of budget
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment with healthy living
programming and development of strategic partnerships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel,
- Excellent interpersonal; able to relate and communicate
effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and
economic segments of the community.
- Excellent public relations skills, including the ability to
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to relate Ability to respond to safety and emergency
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish, a plus. Position Profile
- Dynamic individual with outgoing, energetic and collaborative
- Strategic and visionary approach to work.
- Analytical, organized, driven by attaining results.
- Innate ability to develop and motivate staff by a setting
example, coaching, and mentoring them.
- Emotionally mature, able to initiate, conduct and navigate
difficult conversations with individuals at all levels.
- Enjoys working with members of all ages.
- Comfortable with public speaking. As a condition of employment,
you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a
thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening. The YMCA of
South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the
policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in
employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or
Keywords: YMCA of South Florida, Miami , Senior Director of Healthy Living Programming, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!