Manager Facilities Operations
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Job Description - Manager Facilities Operations (19523) Job
Description Manager Facilities Operations - 19523 Description Job
Summary: Plans, organizes, directs, and oversees the technical,
mechanical, and trades staffs that perform routine maintenance
functions and highly specialized repair at all Miami Children's
Health System sites. Participates in the development of
preventative and corrective maintenance policies, procedures,
systems, and schedules to effectively dispatch staff. Assigns and
monitors the responsibilities of those who manage specific systems.
Maintains full compliance with DNVGL standards and other
accreditation agencies, applicable local, state, and federal
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or
closely related field with 3 years of working experience of plant
operations in a hospital environment with accreditation process or
5 years of working experience of plant operations in a hospital
environment with hospital accreditation process.
- 5 years of plant operation supervisory experience in project
- Active and valid State of Florida driver's license with an
approved driving record pursuant to our policy and maintained
throughout employment. Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook. #INDHP Qualifications Job Specific Duties:
- Develops, implements, and directs a preventive and corrective
maintenance program to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation
of the entire physical plant and all related operating equipment
within the facility and all off campus locations.
- Plans and coordinates the repair or recommends the replacement
of, or additions to, equipment or physical structures.
- Establishes preventive maintenance schedules, prioritizes
repair, and maintenance work to minimize disruption of hospital
- Monitors assigned work for adherence to productivity standards,
job specifications, quality of work place, safety, and regulatory
- Assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of
department goals, policies, procedures, capital/operating budgets,
assigned projects, and long-range plans.
- Assures the provision of a safe employee, patient environment,
and serves as an active participant in the hospital's Environment
of Care process.
- Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and
infection control as required by MCHS policies and regulatory
- Maintains documentation of all maintenance, repairs, and
testing as required by applicable codes and directives.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to assure conformance with
established standards and regulations.
- Interviews, hires, evaluates, and counsels employees per
- Establishes training standards, assesses staff competencies,
provides training, and enforces compliance of department standards
and customer service program.
- Manages the department's maintenance management program to
ensure it is kept up to date and in compliance with the
requirements of the facility and all regulatory agencies.
- Regularly reviews, analyzes utilization, and provides reports
on labor utilization, PM compliance, and variance analysis against
established goals from the work order system.
- Manages and monitors the department's Building Automation
System and assists in efforts to maximize energy savings. Makes
recommendations that affect the Hospital's utilities.
- Directly supervises contactors working on facility grounds
including: scheduling, adherence to job specifications, quality of
work placed, safety, and regulatory compliance. Ensures contractors
adhere to hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of projects by working with the
Design and Construction team to ensure compliance with all hospital
and regulatory requirements including PCRA, ICRA, ISLM assessments,
Shut Off and Hot Work requests, the continued operations of the
- Reviews designs, conducts inspections, and provides maintenance
feedback during all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Creates, develops, and submits all work reports as required and
requested by the Director.
- Approves timecards and maintains department staff files.
- Manages inventory and storage of materials, parts, and
equipment; provides for material issuance and requisitioning and
maintains adequate supply levels. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) or Certified
Healthcare Engineer (CHE) preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of The Joint
Commission's Environment of Care or DNVGL's Physical Environment,
NFPA, AHCA, and other codes and regulations governing hospital
operation and Life Safety Chapter(s), and local, state and federal
authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ) such AHCA, OSHA, DEP, Miami
Dade's Fire Department, etc.
- Expert understanding, working knowledge, principles, and
application of engineering/maintenance management: building
automation systems, energy management principles, computerized
maintenance management system, infrastructure, applicable building,
environmental codes, and regulatory requirements.
- Able to use logical and analytical thinking to interpret
technical data, track budget variance, provide productivity
assessments, and solve a broad range of problems.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in
a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Able to learn work related software application(s).
- Able to interpret, adapt to, and react calmly under stressful
conditions, and varying demands.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with external
customers, peers, physicians, hospital personnel, and
- Able to establish necessary professional relationships and
interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to motivate, coach, train, provide constructive feedback,
and lead staff to ensure the achievement of department's
- Able to work in a fast pace environment, effectively manage,
and use resources to successfully meet the competing deadlines of a
variety of tasks, problems, and projects.
- Displays positive customer service, fosters employee relations,
and assures staff adheres to the Customer Service Behavioral
- Supports hospital initiatives, projects, and functions as a
positive change agent, promotes a positive, and professional
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Works and participates during disaster situations (before,
during, or after).
- Able and available to work weekends, evenings, night, or
holidays, if needed. (EOE DFW) 6/23/17 Job : Management Primary
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Miami , Manager Facilities Operations, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!