Director IT, Resolute Billing
Company: University of Miami
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or
Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to
log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career
worklet, please review this tip sheet . Transforming Lives The
University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty
and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by
a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its
students, patients, members of the community, and people across the
globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of
belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to
add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility,
Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U
community works together to create an environment driven by
purpose, excellence, community, and service.The Director,
Information Technology oversees all aspects of computer technical
support services and help desk operations and coordinates
activities for University-wide IT projects. The incumbent in this
position directs internal teams in the execution of initiatives as
they relate to computers, application support and services, and
strategic IT initiatives. This position exercises considerable
judgment by making decisions in unprecedented situations.Core Job
- Supervises the performance management of all assigned staff
including making decisions as they pertain to hiring, training,
evaluation, promotion, and termination.
- Manages daily operations and directs staff to achieve
departmental goals and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for campus-wide initiatives involving
computer support services.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains standards as they relate to
technical support services and devices, including manufacturing and
- Designs improved work systems by revising work standards,
policies, and procedures.
- Directs and manages project plan development, risk assessment,
communications, budget tracking, status reporting, vendor
management, and successful project completion.
- Manages projects with support staff by giving them a clear
understanding of the departmental mission.
- Monitors project prioritization, active projects, and the
development of dashboard and reporting mechanisms.
- Assumes responsibility for enterprise-wide IT projects and
ensures an efficient and timely conclusion.
- Contributes to strategic plan and assists in providing short-
and long-term solutions to help meet campus-wide strategic and
tactical planning initiatives.
- Communicates with administration and staff regarding the
efficient and timely delivery of services.
- Performs follow-up investigations on inquiries, complaints, and
- Assists in the determination of critical milestones.
- Seeks ways to improve operations and oversees the preparation
of productivity reports.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives, identifies areas
of improvement, and implements action plans to meet these.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, conferences, and
seminars to keep abreast of technological market advancements.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the
internal controls within the unit and compliance with University
policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls
within the function and on University policy and procedures.Core
QualificationsEducation:Bachelor's degree in relevant field
preferred; however, will accept experience in lieu of education, as
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Billing including Single
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Remittance,
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Hospital Claims, preferred
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Expected Reimbursement
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Billing including
Single Billing, preferred
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Remittance,
- Epic Certificate for Resolute Professional Claims,
- Epic Certificate for Charge Router, preferredExperience:With
degree, minimum 7 years of relevant required. Without degree,
minimum 13 years of relevant experience required.Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that
support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.The
University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and
more.UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's
only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient
care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education
at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.Patient safety is a top
priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season
(September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of
Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to
patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where
patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care
areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet
this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of
employment. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are
protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected
by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job
Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i108 Posted 19 Days
Ago Full time R100045552 About Us A vibrant and diverse academic
and healthcare community, the University of Miami and the
University of Miami Health System have rapidly progressed to become
one of the nation's top research universities and academic medical
centers in the nation. A private research university with more than
17,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is
focused on creating a future that cuts across geographic, cultural,
and intellectual borders. The University comprises 11 schools and
colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than
180 majors and programs. The University ranks No. 57 on U.S. News &
World Report's 2020 Best Colleges list and ranked No. 49 in the
2020 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
Established in 1925 during the region's famous real estate boom,
today the University is a major research university engaged in
nearly $346 million in research and sponsored program expenditures
annually. While the majority of this work is housed at the Miller
School of Medicine, investigators conduct hundreds of studies in
other areas, including marine science, engineering, education, and
psychology. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is ranked the #1 eye
hospital in the USA and offers some of the nation's premiere eye
doctors to treat every eye condition for adults. Sylvester
Comprehensive Cancer, part of the Miller School of Medicine,
received the prestigious National Cancer Institute designation in
Keywords: University of Miami, Miami , Director IT, Resolute Billing, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!