Bilingual Benefits Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Summary: The Benefits Manager under general supervision
of the Director of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for the
daily interpretation and administration of the Company's benefits
and company-sponsored programs in regard to plan options, policy
features, enrollment, and other requirements.Essential Functions
- Administers and maintains benefit programs, including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, disability, leave of absence and
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but
not limited to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Consolidated
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), etc.
- Function as the project manager for benefit system upgrades and
process improvement projects.
- Manage the configuration and set up of the benefits module
within Ultipro to facilitate employee usage of the system during
open enrollment and for life event changes.
- Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by
law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal
Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and other regulatory
agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws
pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes
- Prepare statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance
carriers and management.
- Works with the Benefits Analyst to ensure inquiries are handled
promptly and efficiently.
- Coordinate development of benefit materials and roll-out of
annual enrollment process including system updates.
- Coordinate the implementation and roll-out of Wellness
- Monitors and prepares changes and updates to all benefits
communication materials including Employee Self Service
- Interprets benefit policies, reviews claims and ensures all
required forms and legal documents are supplied.
- Participates in surveys and other bench-marking activities to
assess programs and solutions as assigned; and assists in
procurement and evaluation of bids for services or benefit
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in
accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws
(FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures
that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored
and effectively executed in the review of leave cases.
- Works with the Director of Benefits and Compensation to manage
vendor relationships and coordinates vendor selection and RFP
- Other duties as assigned. Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of all
pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance
requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit
programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers
Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
effectively plan, organize and meet deadlines while maintaining a
high level of quality and confidentiality. Displays strategic
thinking and good judgment when faced with complex or difficult
situations and decisions. Advanced Microsoft Suite computer skills
required. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)Education/Experience:
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired for this position.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or
an equivalent combination of education and job-related
- A minimum of four years of progressive professional experience
in the management of an employee benefits program.
- Two years of experience with or working knowledge of Ultipro is
Keywords: Benihana, Miami , Bilingual Benefits Manager, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!