Investment Portfolio Manager
Company: Ascendo Resources
Posted on: April 10, 2021
A Global Asset Management institution is looking to hire an
Investment Portfolio Manager to join their Miami, FL based
The Portfolio Manager (PM) is primarily responsible for creating
and managing investment allocations for private clients. The
Portfolio Managers will work with individuals and families. Also
focus their attention on institutional or corporate investors.
Job Requirements: Duties and responsibilities:
- Follows a predetermined strategy for investment, dictated by an
investment policy (IP), to achieve a client's investment
- Craft the investment packages supplied to clients and in some
instances will simply manage client expectations and transactions.
Buy and sell securities in an investor's account to maintain a
specific investment strategy or objective over time.
- Clients are placed into investment allocations developed or
managed by a portfolio manager after suitability is
- Determine a client's appropriate level of risk based on the
client's time horizon, risk preferences, return expectations, and
market conditions. To achieve this end successfully, portfolio
managers perform an interview to fully understand a client's
investment needs and ensure those needs are met.
- Successfully construct portfolios that are later used to
position client assets, portfolio managers must maintain an
in-depth understanding of market conditions, trends, and overall
economic outlook. To do this, portfolio managers must keep up with
relevant investment and trade news by reading timely, expert
finance, or investment publications.
- Regular contact with investor clients regarding market
conditions, updated investment research, and economic trends are
imperative to sustaining a viable book of business. Additionally,
as part of their fiduciary duty, portfolio managers must meet with
clients on at least an annual basis to ensure investment objectives
have not shifted and current portfolio allocations are still in
line with clients' initial requests.
- Portfolio managers must periodically evaluate the performance
of predetermined investment packages, as well as meet standards
provided by regulatory organizations.
- Ensure compliance with investor disclosures, privacy laws,
anti-money laundering requirements, and anti-fraud measures.
- Minimum of 10 years in financial industry, (preferably in a
Broker Dealer, Bank, Investment Company, Asset Management
- Robust problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional
integrity, confidentiality, and great judgement
- Portfolio Management typically requires at least an
undergraduate degree in business, economics, or finance.
- The Ideal candidate will be bilingual (English / Spanish) or
English / Portuguese
- +7 years' experience in the financial services or investment
field, with a focus on providing portfolio recommendations to
clients or in-depth financial or market analysis.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or CAIA designation is
- Proficient in MS Office, Bloomberg
Keywords: Ascendo Resources, Miami , Investment Portfolio Manager, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!