Nurse Manager- 6 Tower / Hematology/Oncology (Full Time, Day shift)
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - Nurse Manager- 6 Tower / Hematology/Oncology
(Full Time, Day shift) (19872) Job Description Nurse Manager- 6
Tower / Hematology/Oncology (Full Time, Day shift) - 19872
Description Job Summary: Responsible for providing clinical
leadership, applying strategies, and overseeing evidence based
practice. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet
designated Hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Optimize the flow
of department and provide exceptional leadership in a fast-paced
environment. Works under the supervision of the Nursing Director
and has passion for creating an inclusive environment while
providing compassionate and family centered care for patients.
- RN licensure within the State of Florida in good standing prior
to expiration throughout employment.
- A minimum of 2 years of pediatric RN experience in an acute
care healthcare environment.
- Experience as a Charge Nurse, Lead a nursing council, or
nursing leadership assignment.
- CPR: BLS American Heart Healthcare Provider - maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment.
- Career Development: National Certified Pediatric Nurse
(NE-BC/NEA-BC) within 5 years of hire preferred.
- Medical Surgical experience preferred.
- Proficient with computers, EMR, and Microsoft Office experience
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking,
time management & conflict resolution skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence, hold self, and others
- Ability to effectively be the liaison with Physicians and
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team and lead a
team to achieve business results.
- Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentor staff, and
redirect unacceptable behaviors. Job Specific Duties: Safety and
- Accountable for oversight of target quality indicators for CEI,
(falls, bundles, central line infusion, surgical infections, etc.).
Proactively monitors and implements systems to achieve and surpass
CEI and goals.
- Identifies and manages lean processes in department overseen by
- Monitors and investigates medication discrepancies to ensure
the medication administration practices are being followed per the
- Reviews incident reports, implement a plan of action and
monitors results to drive efficiencies in clinical and operational
- Oversees and supervises the daily operations and staffing;
edits and reacts to unplanned events and challenges while assuring
quality services and patient directed care.
- Reviews schedules, uses flex options, and proactively aligns
the schedule with volume & census fluctuation, collaborates with
Nursing, and monitors on an ongoing basis. Patient and Family
- Conducts patient rounding to ensure patient and family
satisfaction and maintain SEI targets level. Proactively takes
action to correct issues and increase family satisfaction.
- Ensures patient and family satisfaction by assuring involvement
in problems solving with the multi-disciplinary team; meets/exceeds
SEI indicators for physicians and families. Leadership
- Ensures department meets/exceeds and sustains Service &
Clinical Index scores, metrics; conducts huddles and communicates
Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers (HCAHPS)
- Provides timely mentoring and coaching to clinical staff to
ensure quality of nursing care, f osters staff empowerment, open
communication, leads and guides staff to build an engaged
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the Hospital
interdisciplinary team with (Governance & Magnet) and promotes the
team concept within the department and hospital wide.
- Accountable for interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of new
staff. Supervises staff and conducts annual reviews within
established guidelines and scope of practice.
- Manages procedures including payroll, time/attendance, and
progressive disciplinary action in a timely and accurate
- Accountable to oversee and evaluate staff competencies,
regulatory requirements, credentials, accuracy and completeness of
- Accountable to oversee man power per unit of service, supplies,
and man hours worked. Responsible for and promotes/practices cost
containment. Job : Nursing - Management Primary Location
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Miami , Nurse Manager- 6 Tower / Hematology/Oncology (Full Time, Day shift), Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!