Company: Archbishop Carroll Manor Inc
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Summary & Objective The Property Manager plans, organizes,
develops, implements and directs the overall operation of the
facility in accordance with the U.S. Department of Housing and
Urban Development guidelines and regulations. Essential
- Executes regulations regarding tenancy according to the U.S.
Department of Housing and Urban Development including but not
limited to: application, waiting lists, eligibility criteria,
certification for admission, security deposits, move-in, rent
collection, rent reporting, assistance payment reporting, residents
files, re-certification requirements, pet rules, eviction
- Develops and initiates plans and procedures for administration
of the housing facility including tenant relations, assignment,
procedures, eligibility requirements, occupancy rules, maintenance
conditions and related activities.
- Prepares capital budget request, reviews expenditures and
directly controls disbursement of petty cash.
- Supervises and controls all functions of One site Leasing and
Rents software programs to ensure compliance with CHM policies and
- Approves and supervises submission of accounts payable vouchers
on a weekly basis.
- Controls end-of-month closing of the facility records to ensure
proper accumulation of revenues and expenses.
- Oversees deposits and disbursements from tenant security
account by following all applicable CHM procedures.
- Conducts daily building and grounds inspections developing
required correction plans and assures that all deficiencies are
corrected in a timely manner.
- Provides CHM with up-to-date reports on the overall management
of the facility, required current repairs, and submits schedule of
long-range major repairs and/or expenditures.
- Directs and coordinates work activities of office-clerical
staff in processing applications, collecting rents, and routine
processes of facility.
- Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance staff engaged
in routine repairs and maintenance of the building.
- Assures that outside services are properly completed/supervised
in accordance with contracts.
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves problems.
- Responsible for development and implementation of emergency
preparedness plans and coordination of tenant evacuations in case
- Schedules and documents resident/employee participation in
emergency preparedness (i.e., fire drills, evacuations, etc.
- Reviews general incident reports and coordinates corrective
action with CHM, if applicable.
- Reviews employee incident reports, completes and submits Notice
of Injury in a timely manner, if applicable, coordinating all
processes with CHM.
- Coordinates OSHA program assuring employee training,
documentation of work-related injuries/illnesses and maintenance of
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) records. *Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position. Other Duties
- Assures that adequate supplies and equipment are on hand to
meet day to day operational needs.
- Interprets policies and procedures to employees, residents,
visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Responsible for hiring of personnel, provide training,
evaluates performance, disciplines and terminates employment of
facility personnel in accordance with established policies and
- Processes all newly hired personnel, verifying references,
obtaining required payroll/personnel documentation, establishing
personnel file, provides orientation to the employees to current
- Upon verification of payroll sign-in sheets, coordinates the
submission of bi-weekly payroll data to CHM, assuring compliance
with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains authorization records of all deductions taken from
each employee's paycheck.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel/payroll
- Delegates administrative authority, responsibility and
accountability to the Assistant Manager/Secretary as deemed
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal
interest and positive emphasis resulting in a calm environment
throughout the facility.
- Promotes harmonious relations among tenants, and persons of the
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, mutual respect
and safety work practices.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc. Disclaimer The job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or be assigned at any time. EEOC Statement CHS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PM19 Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in property management.
- Knowledge of occupancy requirements per HUD Handbook 4350.3
Occupancy Requirements of Subsidized Multifamily Housing
- Knowledge of guidelines and regulations provided by HUD and
- Must have knowledge of computer office software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Archbishop Carroll Manor Inc, Miami , MANAGER, PROPERTY, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!