Portfolio Property Manager
Company: FirstService Residential
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to an
assigned property and book of business.
Ensure property is maintained and operated in accordance with
company objectives and facilitate solutions to
problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by
precedent and working within the limits
of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide management and leadership to assigned property and book
of business. Collaborate with
Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established
goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the
property, company and its customers are consistently met.
2. Manage the functions of a team within a property while
maintaining standards of excellence for
processes, methods and personnel. Manage the process improvement
and quality control of the property
and ensure quality resident service is delivered. Assign and review
the work of staff, ensure deadlines are
met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as
necessary. Align resources to work
assignments and processes to meet business requirements. Provide
leadership and direction and assist in
the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems
3. Partner with Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal
departments to develop and lead the
introduction and integration of new programs, services and
initiatives. Act as liaison to ensure quality
service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist
in prompt response and resolution to
questions/problems. Establish and maintain a positive relationship
with homeowners, Board of Directors
and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service
and achievement of company and
property goals and objectives.
4. Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contract between the
association and FirstService
Residential. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
5. Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate
the move-in process. Conduct an
introduction and orientation to the management staff and building,
reviews available services, and explain
the communities' rules and regulations.
6. Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and
provide recommendations and action plans in
order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and
close them out regularly.
7. Process architectural control applications and close them out in
a timely manner.
8. Oversee all construction projects and ensure property
maintenance/improvement and other related projects
are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open
communication and provide timely action updates
to the Board and residents.
9. Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in
FSRConnect including but not limited to work
orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report.
Fulfill all company Connect compliance
expectations throughout the year.
10. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned
staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing
levels. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation
and resolution of problems. Recommend
personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or
disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance
Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership,
counseling and coaching to associates.
Maintain harmonious associate/employer relations.
11. Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all
direct and indirect associates are aware of and
comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies,
work procedures, instructions and
deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as
12. Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's
efforts to provide a safe work environment.
Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and
educated on safety procedures. Adhere to
and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
13. Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company
14. Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or
attend a wide range of internal and external
meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as
15. Provide financial support with a wide range of functions.
Review financial statements and report
variances; submit invoices to CAS in a timely manner and review
invoices/checks for accuracy before
presenting to the BODs.
16. Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of
responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate
cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure
property expenses are maintained
17. Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation
notices, manage contract renewals
professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming
insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
18. Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the
Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
19. Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations
and communicate changes to staff. Direct
training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with
20. Update Association communications and ensure current
information is displayed on the association boards
and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other
communication with owners and residents as
21. Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures
and maintain existing procedures.
Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current
statute. Manage the communication and
compliance of SOPs within teams, managers and internal and external
22. Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract
lists, presentations, documents and manuals
23. Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent
to the Association and maintain up to date
equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Work schedules and working hours are determined by business and
client needs and may be modified by
FirstService at any time, and such modification may include
extended hours and weekend, evening, and
holiday hours. FirstService will accommodate sincerely held
religious beliefs and practices that may
conflict with work schedules and working hours if such
accommodation would not impose an undue
hardship on business operations. Requests for such accommodation
should be made to Human
2. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of
personal, professional and ethical conduct.
3. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain
workflow and to meet schedules. Notify
supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need
for additional material and
4. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues,
obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of
knowledge pertaining to new
developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory
5. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the
6. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as
instructed by Management.
7. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related
duties as assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervise associates within the assigned
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited
college or university, and three years
experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or
equivalent combination of education and
experience. Must be certified and licensed by the State of Florida
for Community Association
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
. Knowledge and ability to apply Florida Statutes and Community's
. Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for
projects and cash flow management for
. Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and
. Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and
. Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of
specialization to the completion of
. Excellent customer service skills
. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
communicate and provide guidance to all
. Strong presentation skills
. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures,
leases and/or regulations
. Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with
excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
. Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office,
including but not limited to Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the
Internet. Previous experience with financial
and accounting programs preferred.
. Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
. Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or
projects. Ability to meet deadlines and
work well under pressure.
. Ability to work well in a team environment as well as
independently. Must be self-driven with the ability
to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
. Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment
. Ability to respond to emergency situations within established
. Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Miami , Portfolio Property Manager, Executive , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!