Events Manager (Full Time)
Company: Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Career Opportunities with Museum of Science Inc SUMMARY: -The
Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is seeking a full-time
Events Manager. This position is responsible for coordinating and
managing event logistics among all museum departments, particularly
sales, advancement, and marketing. While the Events Manager reports
directly to the museum's administration department, they will work
collaboratively with all department heads in planning and executing
events supporting all of the museum's departmental operations. The
Events Manager will also be expected to help manage and close
inbound event sales inquiries.The Event Manager will be expected to
bring creativity, an understanding of strategic objectives , and
knowledge of the event industry-including current trends-to create
experiences that support our mission, build donor engagement,
garner brand awareness, and drive sales revenue -KEY DUTIES AND
- Support the Sales team with the coordination, logistics and
execution of confirmed venue rentals.
- Support the Advancement team in the conceptualization,
production, and coordination of the annual Celebration of Science
gala and both on- and off-site donor engagement and cultivation
- Support the Marketing team in the planning and execution of
special event days, partner activations, and other visitor-focused
events at the museum.
- -Serve as primary internal contact for all rental and internal
special events by maintaining the institutional event calendar,
responding to all event requests within 24 to 48 hours and
internally communicating event logistics and needs in the weekly
- -Attend weekly BEO meeting.
- -Provide timely information to all appropriate departments
regarding event set up and execution.
- -Coordinate and manage all aspects of events as identified in
each particular BEO, including, but not limited to, event agenda,
audio-visual requirements, special attention guests, event room set
up, catering, group transportation, power requirements, key
requirements, box storage and deliveries, registration desk
requirements, entertainment, security, guest service needs,
- -Liaise with venue rental clients and organizational partners
during event planning phase.
- -Participate in post-event "recap" meetings.
- -Work closely with vendors for event needs.
- -Obtain final guarantees for events 72 hours prior to the
- -Inspect room set up and equipment prior to each event.
-MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION
- -Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- -Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
- -Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- -Knowledge of specific hospitality industry applications
preferred (e.g. Social Tables)REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- -Strong organizational and communication skills. -
- -Must work well under pressure. -
- -Fluency in other languages will be beneficial. -
- -Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. -
- -Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interface
appropriately with clients and the general public at large. -
- -Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member
culture and core values. -WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- -Work is normally performed in an interior office environment
and moving throughout the Museum. Some work will be required from
time to time in an exterior environment with exposure to climactic
- -Some tasks require variety of physical activities, related to
walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, lifting (up to 50
lbs.), etc.Due to the nature of events in general, regular
availability to work nights and weekends will be an essential
component of this position. The Events Manager will be expected to
be onsite during most museum events.CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Background clearance -
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19
vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless
applicant is eligible for an exemption pursuant to all applicable
Keywords: Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, Miami , Events Manager (Full Time), Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!