Sommelier F&B Manager / Bazaar by Jose Andres & Katsuya - SLS South Beach
Company: Morgans Hotel Group
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Sommelier F&B Manager / Bazaar by Jose Andres & Katsuya -
SLS South Beach A global tribe of individuals, partners and
progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our
community throughout our proprietary brands - - -we are sbe .
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design,
residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with
highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to
-authenticity, sophistication, mastery -and -innovation. Our stage
is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values
that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world.
-When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the
collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and
gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone
else. We are an equal opportunity employer. Job Purpose: Under the
guidance of the F&B General Manager, perform all duties and is
responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of wine
and wine service of both The Bazaar by Jose Andres and Katsuya
venues. Manages operations while maintaining a profitable operation
and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to
market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover;
maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted
productivity while keeping quality consistently high. Wine Program
- Execute Sommelier duties in a professional manner.
- Manage inventory for The Bazaar and Katsuya and follow
established transfer protocols.
- Wine list design and implementation to include cost management
- BTG cost containment and management.
- Vendor contact and communication.
- Training and leadership through both floor presence and
- Maintain Glassware control to include purchasing, par levels,
- Execute requisition/purchasing through established
- Ensure compliance of any corporate mandates.
- Sommelier will achieve level 2 (Certified Sommelier) or some
other comparable certification within 1 year of hire date. General
Duties & Functions:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say "Yes" and "Thank you" often!
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling and
- Evaluate and develop processes to maintain and improve
performance and productivity
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety and
- Directly responsible for the coaching and development of venue
- Administers progressive discipline and attendance points
according to company policy
- Defines Employee Standards of Conduct and ensures employee
- Manage day-to-day operations, including floor management, staff
management and the guest experience
- Understands P&L analysis, develops processes to maintain
and improve performance
- Assists with creation and maintenance of procedural protocol
for venue operations
- Ensure that all department equipment is in proper working
condition and that department areas and storerooms are clean
- Collaborate on needs of departmental staff scheduling
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, training, orientation of and
communication to department personnel.
- Schedule and supervise staff to ensure prompt, friendly, and
- Ensure compliance of brand standards, operating procedures and
- Facilitates the training and development of all employees to
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may
require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for
each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various
related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional
service ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to
provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking
voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate
actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team
and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and
venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience
and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate
unusual situations. To be aware of and ensure constant compliance
with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS In addition to
performance of the essential functions, this position may be
required to perform a combination of the following supportive
functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to
be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular
requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social
responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and
any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any
personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe's policies and procedures. OTHER
DUTIES Assimilate into sbe's culture through understanding,
supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate
working knowledge of the service standards. Regular attendance in
conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe
from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of
this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality
industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of the property. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE,
SKILL AND ABILITY The individual must possess the following
knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and
demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of
the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Hotel and/or Food and Beverage
operational experience in a luxury property.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation
with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems
such as: Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel &
Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers
and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have
a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with
other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to
promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various
situations while also multitasking and handling stressful
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb
and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read,
write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the
year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal
employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and
health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations SAFETY
REQUIREMENTS Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to
your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required
PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any
assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to
your Manager. Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and
boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes
as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs.
without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with
appropriate equipment. GROOMING/UNIFORMS All employees must
maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific
uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be
explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Keywords: Morgans Hotel Group, Miami , Sommelier F&B Manager / Bazaar by Jose Andres & Katsuya - SLS South Beach, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!