Senior Director, People Experience (US remote)
Posted on: May 15, 2022
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's
leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our
platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental
car, cruise, or vacation package. We're also transforming the
in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software.
For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that
includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands
including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and
HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we
all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights.
Together, we're able to help people experience the world through
dining and travel.
As Head of People Experience you are a strategic member of the
P&C Leadership team. You will take full ownership and
accountability for the People Experiences team which is dedicated
to ensuring that the experience of our team aligns to our culture
and provides our people with the tools they need to grow and feel
like they belong here.
This highly regarded team includes the following centers of
excellence: L&D, D&I, P&C Programs and the community
and workplace experience teams.
KAYAK & OpenTable are committed to building a versatile and
inspired team and this role requires a clear understanding of the
vision and trajectory of the business, to ensure that people remain
at the center of this. It also requires an ability to appreciate
employee needs and develop solutions that help enable employees to
be inspired, grow and thrive.
In this role, you will:
- Leads a distributed team of subject matter experts focused on
L&D, D&I, P&C Programs and community and workplace
- Advocates and supports the centers of excellence to ensure
their visibility and collaboration with other functions within
P&C and the business as a whole.
- Aligns the team internally and across P&C to ensure that
People experience is at the heart of all we do.
- Supports the creation and build out of our new community &
workplace experience activities - focused on building a function
that supports our new dispersed way of working.
- Supports local communities with events that celebrate our
culture, are inclusive and build connections.
- Partners with internal teams in P&C globally to understand
their regional and team needs and implement strategies that meet
and exceed the company objectives of OpenTable & Kayak.
- Leverage design thinking to create effective people programs
with a focus on inclusion and equity.
- Develop people oriented programs to positively impact
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and
facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts.
- Supports functional leads within the centers of excellence to
ensure that they manage budgeting and resources optimally and can
show return on investment.
Please apply if:
- An experienced and credible HR professional with a solid
background in some of the centers of excellence (L&D, D&I,
Programs, Workplace Experience)
- Inspirational and trusted leader with a proven track record in
growing and developing teams.
- Ability to build solid relationships with Executives, People &
Culture team, cross-functional internal partners and external
- Experience working within a fast paced environment with a high
degree of adaptability and flexibility to change
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in a high
- Possess a sound sense of ownership and accountability.
- You bring outstanding communication skills and serve as an
ambassador for the People & Culture team.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Responsiveness and a focus on quality
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range
information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act
Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position",
email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the
position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse
communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we
produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our
team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all
backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever
you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to
"Remote work allowed"
Keywords: KAYAK, Miami , Senior Director, People Experience (US remote), Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!