Director of Benefits & Compensation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position Summary:As a member of the Human Resources Team, this
position is responsible for developing and implementing a Total
Rewards strategy to drive overall talent attraction and retention
strategies for the Company. Responsible for analyzing compensation
data within an organization and evaluating job positions to
determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance
plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers. Essential
Functions and Responsibilities:Leadership and Strategy -
- Act as subject matter expert for compensation and benefits best
practices and market competitiveness. Develop a Total Rewards
program in support of Company goals and objectives.
- Partner with internal clients and managers to ensure
coordination and proactive consideration of issues related to
compensation and benefits.
- Conduct audits and assessments of Company compensation and
benefits programs to ensure compliance and consistency with Total
Rewards strategy. Make changes where required.
- Responsible for compliance communications and training (e.g.,
- Prepare and deliver presentations on compensation and benefit
issues for Company leadership and employees.
- Stay up to date on all state and federal regulations impacting
benefits and compensation matters. Benefits -
- Monitor and evaluate the Company's Health and Welfare benefits
programs. Ensure benefits are current, competitive, and
cost-effective in regard to trends and practices.
- Coordinate development of benefits materials, roll-out and
manage administration of the annual enrollment process.
- Support the negotiation of coverage services and costs with
carriers, brokers and providers to ensure excellent service and
- Conduct annual medical renewal and cost sharing strategy
recommendation. Review ancillary benefits (e.g., STD, LTD, Life,
and EAP) renewals and ensure cost competitive contracts as well as
- Develop and implement competitive Wellness programs to assist
with benefit cost containment. Compensation -
- Conduct job evaluations to ascertain proper grade and
- Support Recruitment in conducting research and preparing
compensation offers for new hires.
- Manage compensation survey participation.
- Manage bonus and incentive plan administration.
- Conduct position analyses across all concepts to evaluate
internal equity, market competitiveness and compliance of the
organization's pay practices.
- Annually evaluate the competitive market for positions in the
company both internally and externally and recommend changes as
necessary to maintain competitiveness.
- Design, implement, and manage job classification and
- Support performance management process by overseeing merit
increases and salary structure.
- Develop job descriptions for various positions and determine
appropriate base pay.
- Manage and advise on salary adjustment process for exempt and
- Conduct benchmarking and internal compensation analyses as
needed. Education/Experience Required-
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in
Compensation & Benefits to include analysis, plan design and
- Experience in researching and designing health and welfare
benefit plan offerings and managing third party providers.
- Experience in ensuring compliance and cost effective of
programs and policies.
- Experience with salary surveys, benchmarking analysis and job
- Experience with Total Rewards components; base and incentive
pay, work/life benefits, base and ancillary benefits, market
pricing and pay for performance. Preferred-
- Professional training and certification in Compensation and/or
- Benefits and compensation program management in the restaurant
- Master's degree.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish Competencies: To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and
problem solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work,
appropriately seeks, manages, integrates and interprets data. Able
to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data.
Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and
- Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value
of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of
thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with
internal and external customers. Works through differences and
finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually
beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
- Functional Expertise - Achieves success through a comprehensive
knowledge of industry and business as it relates to position.
Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external
customer satisfaction. Demonstrates initiative and is accountable
for own actions and decisions.
- Communication Skills - Has good verbal and written skills; is
effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as
with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions
and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way communication.
- Manager of People - Attracts, develops and retains top talent;
deploys talent effectively and builds strong teams. Leverages
individual strengths to build strong, diverse teams. Provides clear
direction and effective counseling when needed. Sets realistic
goals and hold team accountable for results. Supervisory
Responsibilities: This position manages the Benefits Team and is
responsible for the performance management and hiring of the
employees in the department. Work Environment: General office
environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are
no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with
standard office equipment available. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Travel Requirements: Negligible
required. Physical Requirements: Work is generally sedentary in
nature, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Walking and standing
may be required, up to 15% of the time. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The essential duties and responsibilities listed in this
job description are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains
the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time for any reason, including reasonable
Keywords: Benihana, Miami , Director of Benefits & Compensation, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!