Pharmacy Program Manager (Community Care) - Miami, Florida - Pharmacist
Company: Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Pharmacy Program Manager (Community Care) - Miami, Florida
VA Careers - Pharmacy:
The Community Care Program Manager is responsible for managing and
coordinating comprehensive pharmaceutical care activities within
the Community Care program to aid in achieving the goals set by
such programs as Mission Act.
- Identifies and justifies needed resources to meet the ongoing
demands of the Community Care Program.
- Pharmacy champion and leader for all Community Care standards.
Performs duties and leads efforts on the creation, development, and
implementation of new policies, procedures, guidelines, and
algorithms for Community Care pharmacy service and other areas of
outpatient pharmacy practice as assigned.
- Ensure the section is compliant with all guidance provided
nationally from PBM and VHA related to Mission Act and Community
- Considers total patient therapy and provides accurate,
appropriate, and timely responses to situations that arise
requiring clinical and current standards of pharmacy practice.
Clinical services shall include but not be limited to communication
with a specialized clinical area as assigned, recommendations of
alternative therapy, pharmacokinetics consultations,
adverse drug reaction reporting, and documented drug
- Identifies and contributes to the development of Community Care
areas or to the enhancement of existing services and ensures timely
completion of assigned administrative projects and
- Manages assigned drug distribution-associated recordkeeping,
e.g., prescriptions, faxes, Community Care documents, competency
assessments, AMIS/cost distribution reports, quality assurance
data, Vista reports, controlled substances reports, and
investigational data. Meets all deadline requirements connected
with these reports and records.
- Works with Pharmacy leadership to promote optimal patient care
within budget appropriation. Ensures patient prescriptions conform
to National/VISN/Facility VA formulary or are documented
appropriately for approval, per clinical and administrative
- Assures that accreditation standards such as JCAHO
recommendations are followed.
- Participates in pharmacy's Performance Improvement
- When required, participates in the facility's Peer Review
- Reviews and evaluates Community Care prescription requests for
eligibility, appropriateness, and compliance with established
criteria, where applicable.
- Inputs, accepts, verifies, processes prescription orders.
Reviews patient medication regimens for clinical effectiveness,
drug selection, dosing, contraindications, side effects, potential
drug interactions, and therapeutic outcomes as required.
Communicates findings with prescribers and provides appropriate
alternatives to current treatment plans as needed.
- Assists in the development, implementation and/or maintenance
of plans to promote therapeutic appropriateness and
- Works to achieve positive patient-centric outcomes through
direct and indirect interactions with patients, providers, and
interdisciplinary teams in assigned area(s).
- Provides medication counseling to Veteran patients and
- Monitors and reports drug errors, adverse drug reactions,
allergies, and patient compliance issues. Promotes compliance and
documents findings per facility procedures.
- Provides follow-up patient care regarding initiated
communications concerning non-formulary/prior authorization
medications, clarifications, or medication change requests.
Functional Statement #
Permanent Change of Station (PCS):
Financial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center, Miami , Pharmacy Program Manager (Community Care) - Miami, Florida - Pharmacist, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!