Medical Assistant/Care Manager
Company: Florida Community Health Centers
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Medical Assistant -
- Screens patients according to FCHC protocols (i.e. obtaining
vital signs, height, -weight, vision/hearing testing) and any other
procedures directed by the supervising provider/Clinical
Coordinator, or Clinical Support -Leaders.
- Performs accurate charting in medical record in accordance with
FCHC policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to nurses and providers as -needed.
- Maintain exam rooms and work areas (i.e. keeping well-stocked,
orderly and clean, -to include disinfecting exam tables between
patients as per infection control -policy).
- Perform phlebotomy/finger stick as permitted by -training.
- Administers injections according to position requirements
(i.e., subcutaneous, intramuscular and intradermal
- Perform procedures, as ordered (i.e., EKGs, nebulizer
treatments, pulse oximeter, ear lavages, -etc.)
- Able to accurately make/cancel/reschedule appointments in the
computer appointment system. Able to follow-up on appointment to
determine patient compliance and -contact patients to reschedule
- Maintain strict infection control (i.e., sterilizing
instruments, performing -procedures, needle disposal, -etc.).
- Understand all emergency protocols and respond
- Have current knowledge of and participate in maintenance of
drug assistance -programs.
- Understand and assist in the referral process of patients to
outside services or providers. Follow-up on patient referrals, as
- Understand mandatory reporting of child/elder abuse policy and
- Understand State requirements for reporting of communicable
diseases and offering -of special labs for pregnant patients.
- Understand and utilize the VFC program where applicable and
document accurately including 680 forms and vaccine administration
- Counsel patients per treatment plan (i.e., diet, exercise,
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual
must demonstrate knowledge of the -principles of growth and
development over the life span. Must be able to identify and
categorize each patients age-specific grouping of needs, such as
those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric -patients.
- Performs in-house waived testing, after they are quality
controlled, which may include some or all of the following:
pregnancy tests, hemocue/Hemoglobin, glucometer, -urine dip,
hemoccult-stool, oraquick, or throat swab. Each test will be done
according to directions/procedure and results logged in patients
medical record. -Care Management -
- Conduct assessment for patients that are non-compliant with
various care gaps as -required per insurance needs. Evaluation of
the patients mental and social history as well as learning needs
assessment. Evaluate service needs with patient, with input from
medical care team. Must be documented in the patients medical
- Coordinate follow up with patients who have been seen in ER,
have been -discharged from the Hospital or considered a high
utilizer per insurances to insure timely appointments are given for
- Monitor clients progress and appointment compliance. Efforts to
review follow up of care and compliance with medical team to be
reviewed and documented in the -patients medical -record.
- Ensure that care team works to coordinate care, referrals and
services of patient in accordance with the patients care plan and
review for compliance with -organizational standards. Ensure
referrals are completed according to FCHCs time -standards.
- Maintain contact with each patient who is receiving services
via Care Management -(Care Gaps), per FCHC care management policy.
All calls to patients must be returned within 48 -hours.
- Maintain documentation and data collection in accordance with
FCHC and other specified agency guidelines. Conduct and/or
participate in program evaluation as -directed.
- Coordinate care between care team and hospital as well as
refer/link patients to -other community programs and provide
assistance in completing necessary paperwork for program referral,
for continuity of -care.
- Serve as a member of the Clinical Quality Measures committee
and participate in -any care gap outreach that is -needed.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and/or patients
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and maintain
open communication -with providers. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - -
- Conduct on-going contact services when -necessary.
- Maintain accurate records in the patients electronic health
- Availability and choice of appointment times should attempt to
accommodate -the patients schedule and -needs.
- Coordinate individual or group based education, or patient
self-management goal -setting, as appropriate for -patient.
- Maintain appropriate licensure and certification, if
- Travel to other FCHC sites, meetings, trainings and other FCHC
activities when -required.
- Participate in training programs and -conferences.Required
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Florida Community Health Centers, Miami , Medical Assistant/Care Manager, Executive , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!