Safety and Training Manager
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:The Safety and Training Manager is responsible for
developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and
procedures at the Paratransit operation. The Safety and Training
Manager holds primary responsibility for all training, analysis,
risk assessment, and claims handling for a property.
This is for proposed business and all offers are contingent upon
Transdev's award of the contract. Responsibilities:
- Maintains adequate staffing levels.
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained and understands and
executes on safety and security standards.
- Ensures compliance with all company, client, and Department of
Transportation regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that all reporting and risk management tools are
up-to-date and correct at all times.
- Ensures contract compliance with all applicable federal, state,
local, and company regulations; ensures that related record keeping
and reporting requirements are met and maintained; provides support
in implementing the approved recommendations.
- Selects, hires, and trains qualified candidates for
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing,
and Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- BA/BS in transportation or logistics preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- At least 2 years' experience in safety and training in an ADA
- Familiarity with OSHA, EPA standards, NIMS and ADA
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT (Department of
Transportation), FTA (Federal Transit Administration), FMCSA
(Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) rules and
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent
- Travel requirement (as a percent):
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics:
compliance, ehs, health, hygiene, osha, recycle, recycling, safety,
safety specialist, sewage
Keywords: transdevna, Miami , Safety and Training Manager, Executive , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!