Jaguar Land Rover Service Director
Company: THE COLLECTION
Location: Opa Locka
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At THE COLLECTION, we provide a level of professional service
that truly sets us apart from the rest. Our employees are a
valuable resource and an essential part of why we are able to
provide our customers with the best. THE COLLECTION is not your
typical dealership; we have an extraordinary elite team of
employees and we are looking to grow that team with passionate,
motivated people. If you have interest in working in a fast-paced,
high-reward industry, you've come to the right place. There's
plenty of room to grow at THE COLLECTION!
What We Offer
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401k Plan
- Paid time off and vacation
- Work Perks: Employee of the Month, Birthday off, Milestone and
- Training Opportunities
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Plans
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounts on products and servicesThe Service Director is
responsible for the customer sensitive, efficient and profitable
operation of the dealership's overall Service Department. He/she
carries out this responsibility by building customer relationships,
operating the Service Department at maximum production, creating a
good work environment, and properly managing the assets of the
Previous experience needed in the following areas:
- Train the service sales staff to promote customer
- Train the service sales staff to tactfully handle customer
inconveniences, misunderstandings, and complaints.
- Ensure that common courtesy is shown to all customers by every
- Ensure that customer inconveniences, complaints, and
misunderstandings are dealt with fairly and quickly.
- Handle customer complaints that demand management's attention
tactfully, promptly, and with genuine concern for the customer's
- Ensure that every employee exhibits pride of workmanship.
- Make every reasonable effort to make vehicle service a pleasant
customer experience. Sales
- Generate and continually strive to increase labor and parts
- Set individual and total department / shop gross profit
- Hire and train Service Managers/Advisors.
- Plan and execute an on-going service advertising program and
- Provide the material support necessary to sell service.
- Maintain daily sales and production records as prescribed by
- Review the sales performance of the service salespeople and
evaluate them on a regular basis.
- Ensure that proper service sales techniques are being used.
- Determine staffing requirements.
- Hire and maintain a technical production staff that can perform
all types of maintenance work and mechanical repair on the products
the dealership sells.
- Ensure that all the necessary shop equipment is in proper and
safe working condition.
- Obtain and maintain control on the special tools necessary for
the repair and service of the vehicles the dealership sells.
- Schedule training as necessary to properly repair and service
all the vehicles the dealership sells.
- Review flat rate flagging practices on a periodic basis.
- Review production and output values for every technician.
- Ensure that all required technical publications, periodicals,
bulletins, etc. are obtained, kept up-to-date, and properly
- Review technical bulletins from the manufacturer and distribute
them to the appropriate technicians.
- Stay up to date on product changes and new products.
- Ensure all diagnostic equipment is current and up to date.
- Understand and monitor the service section of the dealership's
- Create and control budgets for personnel and other expenses
normally administered by service management.
- Maintain support personnel staffing as needed.
- Responsible to meet set sales, gross and net profit
- Assure proper repair order flow to satisfy manufacturer -
dealer business office requirements.
- Monitor the effective labor sales rate on a continuous
- Obtain competitive bids for all tools, equipment, sublet
repairs, supplies etc.
- See that the dealer receives full value for the time and
materials purchased. Warranty
- Know and understand all the manufacturer's warranty policies
- Administer proper and prompt warranty claims processing and
sublet repairs, supplies, etc.
- Monitor and control warranty claim receivables and
- Administer the correction, and promptly resubmit warranty
claims rejected, denied, or returned by the manufacturer.
- Ensure parts are received and returned as required.
- Responsible for timely payments of claims and to reduce any
aging items over 30 days. Personnel
- Maintain a current Service Department organizational
- Up-grade and maintain employee morale by providing advancement
opportunities and promoting from within whenever possible.
- Train back-up personnel for every position in the Service
- Be firm but fair in all decisions and solve problems by taking
- Strive in increase the production and earnings of every
- Maintain a personnel file on every service employee.
- Ensure that all service employees arrive and depart work at
established times and follow company policies.
- Counsel Service employees who run afoul of instructions.
- Report to upper management or Human Resources any situation or
condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the
dealership, its employees, or customers.
- Properly document employee behavior that may result in punitive
actions such as termination.
- Create a review with every service employee a written job
- Conduct annual employee performance evaluations.
- Assist all subordinate service management and sales personnel
in all phases of their job descriptions when over-burdened or when
sickness and/or other assesses occurs. Facility
- Maintain a high level of shop cleanliness, equipment repairs,
and general shop appearance of your assigned areas or
- Schedule preventive maintenance of shop equipment. Minimally
- Assign technicians and other service personnel to appropriate
- Organize and maintain the proper use of the Service
Department's designated parking and times.
- Analyze and eliminate practices that waste supplies, utilities,
space, and time.
- Properly maintain service customer reception, parking, and
- Maintain adequate security of the Service Department, parking
areas, and personnel.
- Represent the dealership in cases of emergency involving the
Service Department or as directed by management. Management
- Meet with the Service Director weekly and monthly to review
current performance, set goals, future objectives, promotional
activities, and discuss other critical departmental matters.
- Cooperate with all other dealership managers and, when
necessary to resolve conflicts, request the involvement of the next
higher dealer authority.
- Perform other specific assignments as directed by
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
- 3+ years relevant experience desired.
- Professional with great sales and customer service skills.
- Capable of making the best decision that will benefit the
customer and the company.
- The drive to succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume
environment.Physical Requirements: Regularly required to sit at a
computer terminal for extended periods, use hands to operate a
keyboard and telephone, ability to stand/walk as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties and
THE COLLECTION is an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, work experience and business needs. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law.
THE COLLECTION reserves the right to require candidates to submit
to a background check and drug screen in consideration of obtaining
employment to the extent permitted by law. Associated topics:
administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support,
assist, assistant, associate, beverage, front office, food,
Keywords: THE COLLECTION, Miami , Jaguar Land Rover Service Director, Executive , Opa Locka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!