Kitchen Manager Needed For An Upscale Caribbean R
Company: Dukunoo Jamaican Kitchen
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you an experienced Kitchen Manager looking to
grow your career with a leading company in the restaurant industry?
Do you have experience preparing Caribbean cuisine?Dukunoo Jamaican
Kitchen is Wynwood, Miami's first and only full-service, upscale
Caribbean dining experience. The restaurant features indoor and
outdoor dining, a full bar, fine art, and an authentic jerk stand
outside by the Terrezza. Our customers, "Come fi di food but stay
fi di vibes".We are looking for a professional Kitchen Manager that
is passionate about the food industry. You will be responsible for
all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and
maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness,
training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate
presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and
cleanliness.Main ingredients of the job:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission
of DUKUNOO JAMAICAN KITCHEN. Responsible for maintaining
appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls,
hoods, other equipment, and food storage areas.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow
standards and regulations.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration
temperature control points.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of
products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard
recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking,
garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items,
establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all
new menu items.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged
in food preparation.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking,
and serving standards.
- Schedule personnel as required for anticipated business
activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as
needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed
to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined
product specifications and received in the correct unit count and
- Ensure that deliveries are performed in accordance with the
restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary
to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food,
labor, and overhead costs. (To be done in conjunction with Head
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee
performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies regarding personnel
are followed, and administer prompt, fair, and consistent
corrective action for any and all violations of company policies,
rules, and procedures.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies,
and procedures to new kitchen employees.
- Oversee the continuous training of kitchen employees on kitchen
equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid,
CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes or
menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of
ingredients or the likely number of guests. IE. New DJK Salad and
Dessert - Dukunoo pudding asap
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques or equipment to staff.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and by following the
restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Meet with guests to discuss menus for special occasions, such
as weddings, parties, or banquets.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests'
needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest
service standards and efficient operations.What you bring to the
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, managing a
team of at least five individuals
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Must have experience in preparing Caribbean cuisine
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Must be computer savvy with the ability to track and maintain
an inventory system
- Self-Motivated with great leadership capabilities
- Stable work history with positive references
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Manage kitchen staff, schedule shifts, and coordinate food
- Must be able to price menu items in collaboration with the Head
- Experienced at training kitchen staff on prep work and food
- Must be able to provide weekly and monthly reports
- Knowledgeable in food safety practices to ensure the restaurant
is in compliance at all time Nice to have:
- Diploma, certificate, or degree in Culinary Arts
- Currently seeking a diploma, certificate, or degree in culinary
artsWe are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all
employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Dukunoo Jamaican Kitchen, Miami , Kitchen Manager Needed For An Upscale Caribbean R, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!