Senior Purchasing Manager
Company: Lennar USA
Posted on: August 8, 2022
OverviewSummary of Position RequirementsThe Senior Purchasing
Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing
division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories.#CB
Responsibilities Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Lennar has only the best subcontractors in order to meet
its manufacturing needs.
- Ensure Lennar's subcontractors are continuously improving in
the areas of quality, cost, and service and delivery
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend
categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize
the flow through the chain.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the
specific major category being sourced.
- Facilitate value-engineering sessions with subcontractors and
associates from division customers.
- Maintain product specifications and available selections.
- Review product trends and propose updates to current
specifications to remain ahead of tri-state market.
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend
categories and related construction services.
- Own the responsibility for improving the division's cost per sq
foot for their specified spend categories.
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO's.
- Review all extra EPO's to verify within accordance of approved
take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work
with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO's to prevent and to
- Rationalize the subcontractor base to the best of the
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division's
communities. QualificationsEducation and Experience Requirements
- College degree required
- Minimum 10 years sourcing and managing Supplier/Trade Partner
relationships, preferably with a National Homebuilder
- Must have superior analytical and communication skills.
- JDE/AS400 experience preferred
- Knowledge/Experience of excel and other Microsoft office
- Must have significant knowledge of the residential homebuilding
- Must have sound financial management knowledge.
- Must have sound project management capabilities.
- Must be able to build and use should-cost models.
- Must have sound negotiating skills and influencing skills.#CB
#LI-RS1 TypeRegular Full-Time
Keywords: Lennar USA, Miami , Senior Purchasing Manager, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!