Company: The Club at Ibis
Location: West Palm Beach
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompetitive pay free employee meals, growth
opportunities, employee perks and discounts, awesome work
environment!!Our Purpose: We each have a job title, but that is our
function not our Purpose. Our Purpose is much bigger. It is not
bound by an organizational chart or department lines. Our Purpose
acts as our communal north star, guiding us collectively towards a
common goal, Whatever it Takes to Deliver The Ibis Experience.Our
Values: Our story of success begins with an internal cultural of
lateral service and acceptance. We have many voices, many faces,
and many backgrounds, which are united by a shared vision. Our
different perspectives and unique talents are balanced by our
common Purpose, our Core Values (the Core4), and a bold commitment
to service excellence.Integrity Belonging Innovation Shared
VisionSummaryManages all areas of The Bistro front-of-house
operations; including staff supervision and development, overseeing
day to day restaurant operations, and implementing creative
solutions to assure Member and guest satisfaction. Promotes The
Ibis Philosophy, while driving revenue, controlling expenses and
payroll, and upholding Ibis service standards.Essential Duties and
- Responsible for the Bistro's financial success and meeting
required budgetary guidelines.
- Provides hands-on direction to all restaurant front-of-house
- Responsible for ensuring that payroll responsibilities are
completed accurately, timely, and in accordance with Company
policies and procedures.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date staffing guide. Prepares
employee schedules and ensures that the restaurant is appropriately
staffed for all shifts.
- Responsible for efficient inventory and ordering of
- Investigates complaints concerning food quality or
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, supervising, and training
all Bistro front-of-house employees. Participates in disciplinary
and termination processes, as necessary.
- Oversees new hire training and conducts ongoing employee
training, incorporating The Ibis Philosophy.
- Provides ongoing and timely employee feedback, communicates
performance expectations and standards, and conducts performance
- Facilitates positive communication and lateral service
partnership with Bistro Chef and culinary team.Other Functions
- Exhibits a commitment to quality and genuine enthusiasm for
enhancing The Ibis Experience for Members and guests.
- Understands that the role is more than a job title and
demonstrates the Ibis Common Purpose, "Whatever it Takes to Deliver
The Ibis Experience."
- Is fiscally responsible; consistently focusing on increasing
sales, controlling expenses, and maximizing efficiencies.
- Assures that nightly closing reports are completed accurately
- Upholds all ServSafe guidelines and enforces sanitary practices
for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of the
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including cleanliness,
proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Mentors staff and promotes professional development.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings and regular Bistro management
- Encourages Member feedback through use of Humm Systems, Member
surveys, and other service measurement tools.
- Records Member preferences, dietary needs, and allergies in
Jonas and OpenTable.
- Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect
employees, Members, guests, and Company assets.
- Ensures a safe working and Member environment to reduce the
risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports
- Uses constructive conflict resolution skills to address Member
and guest concerns; informs the Director of F&B and/or Director
of Operations accordingly.
- Attends Club Ops meetings, F&B management meetings, BEO
meetings, and other assigned meetings and training sessions.
- Creates a positive working environment, encourages lateral
service, and actively promotes The Ibis Philosophy.
- Acts as an Ibis Ambassador inside and outside of the
- Ensures compliance of operating guidelines related to all state
and federal laws, rules and regulations relating to the Alcohol,
Cigarette, and Tobacco Division, food safety and sanitation.
- Operates within all Club guidelines, policies, standards, and
constraints. Assists with implementation of Club mandatory
standards of operations.
- This position guide does not state or imply that the above are
the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job related duties as requested by the Director of F&B
and Director of Operations.Supervisory ResponsibilityManages three
restaurant supervisors, who oversee Bistro front-of-house
employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination,
and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.CompetenciesTo perform
the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education and/or
ExperienceBachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management is
preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of restaurant operations and state liquor laws as applied
to food and beverage service. Private Club, resort and/or
hospitality experience preferred.Language SkillsAbility to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.Mathematical
SkillsAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.Reasoning AbilityAbility to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license
- ServSafeOther Qualifications
- Must be about to demonstrate mastery in front-of-house line
staff tasks, including bartending, serving, food running, barback
duties, and host/hostessing
- Proficient in use of MS Office, Jonas point-of-sale, and
- Demonstrates Common Purpose and Core4 values.
- Exhibits 20 Service Principles in daily work performance.
- Demonstrates self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability,
and outgoing demeanor.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a professional appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that
food and service meet Company standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously
coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse
staff.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms
and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or
move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: The Club at Ibis, Miami , Restaurant Manager, Executive , West Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!