VP, Media Relations
Company: Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Vice President, Media Relations
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking a dynamic
and experienced VP, Media Relations to successfully lead Media, PR
and Social Media efforts to support the overall marketing efforts
of the GMCVB.
Accountability: -This position reports to the Sr. Vice President -
Marketing & Tourism in close collaboration with the President and
CEO and other Sr. GMCVB Executives. - - - - -Job Summary: -The Vice
President of Media Relations for the Greater Miami Convention &
Visitors Bureau is responsible for leading Media, PR and earned and
owned Social Media efforts to support the overall marketing efforts
of the GMCVB promoting Greater Miami and Miami Beach and all its
rich offerings to a diverse audience. This position is responsible
for managing and expanding perceptions using traditional earned
media strategies as well as social media platforms and targeted
influencers programs. The VP of Media Relations has a supervisory
role for an internal public relations team as well as several
public relations agencies which includes fiscal responsibility and
KPI reporting for the division. - -Nature of Work: -Work is
primarily variably paced with various tasks and is performed in
both formal and informal environments. -Plans and executes major
projects using own initiative. -Provides input on the establishment
of policies and criteria that affect departmental operations.
-Mistakes and missed deadlines may result in monetary loss and/or
damage to the reputation of the department. -Basic
- Provides Media Relations / PR support to the Executive,
Marketing and Sales teams
- Prudent fiscal responsibility of Media Relations division
- Committee participation, both in the community and on a
- Creates, submits, and delivers reports to Committees, Boards,
Stakeholders, etc. as needed
- Makes presentations to staff as well as other audiences on
behalf of the Bureau
- Analyzes complex data and schematics
- Performs complex complications -Principle Accountabilities
- Provides leadership and direction to internal communications
team and external global public relations agencies.
- Develops and directs domestic and international messaging for
domestic, global and local media/PR programs - this includes
lifestyle and news outlets, industry trades as well as meetings and
- Works with journalists and influencers worldwide to ensure
favorable messaging for the destination.
- Partners with web and social media teams to ensure alignment of
media/PR strategy through owned channels.
- Manages department budget to ensure maximized efficiencies and
keep within budget scope.
- Ensures delivery of proactive media/PR plan for the industry
and all GMCVB stakeholders.
- Plays an integral part of the crisis communication team and
leads the communication function during major crisis in close
collaboration with Executive leadership. -
- Monitors and creates key performance indicators for success
metrics on media/PR across the organization.
- Develops RFPs and leads or advises selection process of outside
public relations vendors and agencies.
- Represents the GMCVB on boards and committees as directed.
- Produce and supervise GMCVB events in and out of market.
- Meets with industry partners, GMCVB members, local government
officials and others to discuss PR opportunities for Greater Miami
and Miami Beach. -Travel:Moderate out of state and out of country
travel required. -Financial Accountability:Manages a budget of app.
$1.5 million -Additional Duties:Will work on special projects as
assigned by directed by the SVP and Executive Staff.
-Interaction:External - interacts with hotel marketing and PR
representatives, media, politicians, activists, vendors and clients
by means of telephone, written correspondence, other forms of
electronic communication and in person. -Internal - Confers with
staff, up to the COO and CEO for the purpose of obtaining and
disseminating information. - -Supervision Received:Work is
performed independently conferring with supervisor on major
projects only. Initiative required to solve problems. -Supervision
Given:Exempt Staff positions: - -Approximately five; Sets
performance standards for the division, develop goals, objectives
and makes hiring decisions. -Also maintains discipline, evaluates
the performance of subordinates and recommends salary changes.
-Authority to recommend corrective action. -Knowledge Skills and
- Success in this position requires interpersonal skills for
frequent interaction with customers.
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related field;
Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in communications, public
relations, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years managerial and supervisory experience managing
5 or more direct reports.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite 365 or
comparable software programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A current track record of success in building relationships
with national business media and driving results for clients.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of reputation management and a
working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media.
- Excellent writing skills, solid presentation skills, experience
developing and delivering presentations.
- A history of success in providing sound creative and strategic
counsel to clients and building credibility with senior level
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage
multiple priorities and work against deadlines.
- Proven leadership experience, mentoring and developing junior
talent. -APPLY BY DEADLINE July 30. We offer a competitive
compensation package.Send resume & salary requirements to:
employment@GMCVB.com or mail: GMCVB, Human Resources 701 Brickell
Avenue, #2700 Miami, FL 33131. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE. -
Keywords: Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, Miami , VP, Media Relations, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!