Assistant Project Manager - Commercial
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Manages entire Commercial construction projects, including safety,
planning, directing, coordinating or budgeting activities relating
to the construction. Responsible for meeting job requirements and
controlling costs by coordinating and effectively utilizing all of
the resources needed on each project.
- Responsible for training and career development of PE's as
- Play key role in project pursuits in multiple delivery methods
including Design-Bid-Build, CM at Risk or Design/Build. - Includes
takeoffs, subcontractor solicitation, receipt/review of bids,
- Take a leadership role with obtaining all permits for the
- Create site SWPPP book and application for state and local
SWPPP permits/NOI's for the project. - Maintain SWPPP
- Work together with Project Manager to write, submit, track, and
negotiate all subcontracts, purchase orders, and rental agreements
for the project.
- Take a leadership role in the project financials. - I.e. update
the forecast and submit the status report to the Project Manager
- Take a leadership role in change order management. - I.e. put
together the Owner and Subcontractor change orders for the Project
Manager to review.
- Take a leadership role in monthly pay applications. - I.e.
negotiate subcontractor schedule of values, review monthly %
complete, and construct the monthly owner pay application for
Project Manager to review.
- Take a leadership role in planning and leading Owner
- Take a leadership role in planning and assisting Superintendent
for subcontractor pre-construction meetings and weekly
- Take a leadership role in weekly or monthly owner reports. -
I.e. put the reports together and submit to the PM for
- Take a leadership role in jobsite conflict resolution. - I.e.
be the project contact for contract/scope issues between Owner,
Contractor, and Subcontractors.
- Create, manage and track RFI's from the field to the
Architect/Engineer of record and distribute to all
- Review all submittals from subcontractors and submission to A/E
for approval for all scopes of work based on the plans and
- Take a leadership role in creating, updating, distributing the
- Work together with PM and Superintendent to produce the Quality
Control procedure and to track the execution.
- Further understanding and enforcement with regards to site
safety documentation and coordination.
- Maintain and distribute project plans. - Includes review and
distribution for addendums, bulletins, etc.
- Maintain control of all project documentation. -
Maintain/update project records. - This includes document log,
submittal log, RFI log, change order log, etc.
- Coordinates and maintains special inspection documentation for
- Further understand project plans and specifications and take
lead role with answering field personnel questions.
- Further understand specifications to determine appropriate
means and methods.
- Further understanding of appropriate building codes /
- Take the leadership role in the punch list procedure and
- Create and update the "lessons learned" document for the
- Take the leadership role with the project closeout including
the creation of -and distribution of project closeout materials:
Operation and Maintenance manuals, as-builts, and warranties as
Education/Experience: Four-year degree in engineering, building
science or construction management and 3-5 years' experience in the
Commercial Contracting sector required.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: PMP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Shows leadership, concise execution of plans, vision of project
future, and effective communication of vision to subordinates,
integrity, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills. Working
knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures.
Strong client relations skills are a must. Excellent organizational
skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word,
Excel and Outlook.
Travel: -50% Travel Required. Must be able to travel nationally
multiple times per month.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans,
disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with -strong values and a shared
vision for success. -Cultural fit is critical to employee
satisfaction and company success. Take a moment -to watch -The
Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are -the right fit,
we'd be happy for you to apply!
Keywords: Caddell, Miami , Assistant Project Manager - Commercial, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!