Opportunity: Information Manager - Florida Coastal Everglades LTER, FIU
Company: Long Term Ecological Research
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- Interprets and implements safety guidelines and compliance with
FIU rules and regulations
when completing field work (boating safety) and laboratory work
- Designs and implements database schemas, workflows, and entry
forms for new projects in the Periphyton Analysis Laboratory based
on existing database structures.
- Oversees existing database for the Periphyton Analysis
- Oversees data entry and data QA/QC workflows for ongoing
projects, including import of project data from collaborators into
Periphyton Analysis Laboratory database and maintaining lab Github
page Assists with field work as needed.
- Facilitates data provision for members of the Periphyton
- Trains Periphyton Analysis laboratory personnel on database
use, information flows, and data
management including R, SQL, and Git/Github.
- Contributes to reports and publications of the Periphyton
Analysis Laboratory by providing data
and data products
- Assists in the implementation of FCE LTER data management
policy and procedures and
recommend changes to processes as necessary
- Works closely with leadership in long-range data planning and
- Requests and responds to data updates by FCE collaborators;
meets with researchers as
- Oversees data management components of FCE website.
- Provides information management literacy training to FCE
- Manages FCE LTER data dictionary to ensure uniformity.
- Develops information management sections for FCE LTER reports
- Participates in LTER Network Information Management and All
- Serves as information management liaison with outside agencies
and the public.
- Coordinates network and system administration for information
management workstations and
servers, including but not limited to backup strategies and
- Participates in professional development related to job.Minimum
Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in related field and two (2) years
of related experience, or a Master's degree.Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems.
- Experience working on collaborative, multidisciplinary
- Knowledge of ecological and biological data types and
- Knowledge of SQL, Ecological Metadata Language, and Extensible
Markup Language Knowledge of R and other data processing tools
- Knowledge of computer systems and network administration.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of
information management system design
- Ability to communicate program and technical information
effectively and in writing to users and information technology
personnel.Job Category: AdministrativeAdvertised Salary : $55,000 -
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PMPre-Employment Requirements:
- Criminal Background CheckOther Information:
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- This is a Time-Limited appointment which may be terminated at
any time with 30 days' noticeFor further information or to apply,
please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #
527484Clery NoticeIn compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of
Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act , the University
Police department at Florida International University provides
information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law
enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past
three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is
available online at:
obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police
Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5
Market Station).Pay TransparencyFlorida International University
will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of a other
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.FIU is a member of
the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity,
Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Long Term Ecological Research, Miami , Opportunity: Information Manager - Florida Coastal Everglades LTER, FIU, Executive , Miami, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!